Were you ever "rewarded" for your faithful service?

by Jonty Parkin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

...yes, I suppose I was rewarded in more literal ways....being the son of an Elder, I was given charge of the microphones at age 16. After mastering that, I was appointed as assitant book and magazine counter servant at age 18.

Having become a full time pioneer at age 17 was the big investment for me though...I was appointed as miniterial servant at age 20 or 21. I was told that if I maintained my "theocratic attitude," I was on the fast track to being appointed as an elder ( one of the "younger ones") I was far too immature emotionaly to have handled such a position. This was also about 26 years ago.

this was a whole different lifetime ago.....

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sure, and being the wife of a prominent elder, I got to take the shortcut from the RV area into the Tacoma Dome for District conventions. Those not similarly privileged had to walk around the long way, adding about 3 blocks.

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

My best reward would have been discovering deep fried, battered cheese curds, while out in service. We stopped for breaks after about 2 hours of door-to-door. I had only recently moved to Wisconsin and my friends indocrinated me to the joys of A&W rootbeer, in frosty mugs, served with a side of melted cheese curds....mmmm.

Any wonder we have such a lard butt population here?

~A

If you meant spiritual rewards, then no. I only developed a huge fear of large, unchained farm dogs.

• cab1000
    cab1000

I feel like the reward was being able to carry the mic, because meeting went a whole lot faster when you was actually paying attention on who to hand the mic to next.

Its just too bad that due to being on restrictions "all the time" I hardly was given this "reward".

BTW, thank you for being honest about the whole tit thing. I have been a big fan of the bend-over effect for a long time. (Bend-over effect is what I call when you can see into the gap of a shirt/blouse/dress/etc. when a woman leans over.)

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Well 33 years of service enabled me to know,"where all the bodies are buried".So i can,''sing like a canary'' and,''turn state's evidence".

Now i'm an,"expert witness on the Jehovah's Witness".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit