Watchtower?s Booklet "Should your believe in the Trinity?" EXPOSED

by Tyre 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tyre
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, the Trinity Broshure is a piece of.....

• kj
    kj

LOL at leolaia!

Thanks for the info, Tyre. Can you post a direct link to the website it came from?

kj

• FirstInLine
  • L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

From my own investigation of www.bible.ca, it would appear that they arean off-whoot or part of the Church of Christ. Among over things they teach that a believer is not saved until he is baptized in their church, and according to their formula.

If you wish to read a very good book, by a good Christian scholar, I would recomend Why You Should Believe in the Trinity by Robert Bowman. This is the best book refuting every arguement in the Trinity brochure. I'm not sure where this book can be purchased directly, though I'm sure borders or barnes and noble should be able to get this for you online.

As an aside, I used this book in a side-by-side comparrison of the Trinity brochure, and it was key in my realization the the WTS was either guilty of sloppy scholarship or gross misrepresentation of the Trinitarian viewpoint.

If you want an exhaustive study on The Trinity, then I would recommend Dr. Robert Morey's book The Trinity: Evidences and Issues That book can be purchased from Dr. Morey's website www.faithdefenders.com.

• Tyre
  • robhic
  • zen nudist
    zen nudist

After reading those supposed expose's about the misquoting of the WT concerning the trinity, I would have to side with the WT on this one....

the WT quotes what is recognized by them and the author as FACT, but the parts omitted are the OPINIONS of the author which are not agreed by the WT....

it is a FACT that the authors show that the early church did NOT have a full blown TRINITY doctrine EXPLICITLY spelled out... and this is the point the WT is making... the OPINION of the author that this did not matter and he BELIEVES the TRINITY is there anyway is NOT relevant to the point being made.... the WT is showing FACTS are on there side, even if the conclusion the author makes is not.

BTW: I have not been a christian in 14 years, I do not care one way or the other as I believe both sides are WRONG, because I believe all the FACTS show Jesus never existed as a REAL person...but academically, I believe the trinitarians are flat wrong in claiming they get their belief from the bible, I see them reading it backwards into the bible after they get it from each other.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I concur with Zen Nudist on this one; whatever one thinks of the JW brochure and the quality/integrity of its scholarship, their argument that the absence of an unequivocal declaration of Christ's divinity, much less his co-equality with the Father and the Holy Ghost,or detailed exegesis by one of the New Testament writers, argues compellingly, if not quite conclusively, against the dogma. After all, its proponents consider it the core doctrine, the foundation of Christianity;yet the first century church leaders and authors of the New Testament failed to so much as identify it by name.

One can, of course, draw certain inferences from certain texts in defense of their belief; to me, it's little more than special pleading.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Arian/Alexandrian Heresy alive and well still I see

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit