SHOULD YOU BELONG TO A CHURCH? - June 1st WT

by Mary 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Oh god........for those of you who don't have access to all the latest spiritual food as told by the Borg, you gotta read the June 1st Watchtower.....here's a few quotes from it:

Page 1 "...Were the Flood survivors simply individuals fortunate enough to have randomly escaped destruction? The bible account shows that this was not the case. Signficantly, God did not inform each individual about the coming Flood. Rather, he told Noah who in turn warned his contemporaries of the approaching Deluge......Survival depended on being part of this close-knit group and on being willing to accept God's direction given to Noah. Even the animals in the ark that survived the Flood did not do so apart from this group." (there aren't enough eyes to roll at this stupid comment).

The next paragraph is talking about when the Israelites left Egypt: ".....Deliverance was possible for individual Israelites only because they were associated with a divinely established group and followed the direction of this group's appointed leaders..."

Now once you've finished vomiting, here's the real clincher: "...These examples clearly show that in the past God has always dealt with his people as an organized group. The few individuals with whom God had dealings personally--Noah, Moses, Jesus and others--were in fact used by Him to communicate with a closely associated group. There is no reason to believe that God deals any differently with his servants today."

Is it just me, or do I detect a note of panic and desperation in these statements? I guess the Governing Body is really at the last stages of Alzheimers cause they forgot to mention a few characters in the bible who Jehovah dealt with, who weren't part of any "organized group". What about Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Daniel, Job, Ruth, Sarah.........these were all individuals. None of them were "Jehovah's Witnesses". Guess the GB didn't think too hard before they wrote this nonsense.

Anyway, I'll give you three guesses as to what religion they're saying is the right one, and the first two don't count.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What are you talking about? Abraham made up "the foremost part" of the Abraham class, to which Sarah, Isaac, Jacob, etc. formed a part. Ruth was the "foremost part" of the Ruth class, and so forth. It's all very logical.

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

Just shows how pathetic the Org is, in continually attempting to validate it's existance in such barrel-scraping rehashes of old bile!

• neyank
    neyank

They are using the same fear tactic they have always used.

If you want to survive, you must belong to us.

That is the message that IS preached from door to door in the WTS preaching work.

So they are saying that no matter how wrong they have been in their teachings, how blood guilty they are and have been do to needless deaths arising from their teachings, how unChristian they are, how they are literally going against the scriptures that state what Christs followers would be doing to show they are His followers, that they and they alone are whom God is using.

If that's the case, why did Jesus have to die?

Why did Jesus bother telling us thru the scriptures, what His true followers would be doing?

Why do the scriptures say those calling on the name of Jesus WILL be saved?

The Scriptures that state many false Christs will appear.

The WTS IS one of the many false Christs.

All a person has to do to see this is to look at the fruits they produce now and have produced over the years.

Depresion, suicide, mental illness, lies and deciet, peoples lives being ruined, child molestation, mistreatment of the flock, they have stolen the childhood from children and turned them into little salespeople, paranoia, loss of natural love and afection, they have destroyed the ability of independent thought, they have turned their followers
    zombies, needless deaths,ect...ect..ect.....

Are these the fruits Jesus spoke of as being produced by His followers?

They ARE a false Christ. Saying come to us and you will be saved.

neyank

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Anyone realize how hollow their words are. They are saying "The group of people God saves are with the group of people God saves." Also all those people were asked personally by God there was no chance in it. Notice the use Noah's contemporaries. They must mean his family because God said he was only saving them and no human on earth beside them.

Also they have no group! The GB is not connected to CCJWs anymoore. All annointed are FDS including worldly people, and the great crowd is everyone on earth.

The watchtower is hung by its own docterine. They include everyone on earth. Then they say just because you Join JWs does not mean salvation. You are not assured you will be saved by works nor faith. You can also save your self and others. This makes no sense. If you join you are not saved if you don't you are not saved. Anyone see they are saying we are all damned but hold the annoiteds had just because we are scared and need our blanky.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    The few individuals with whom God had dealings personally--Noah, Moses, Jesus and others--were in fact used by Him to communicate with a closely associated group. There is no reason to believe that God deals any differently with his servants today."

So who are the few individuals God is dealing with personally today?

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Even the animals in the ark that survived the Flood did not do so apart from this group." (there aren't enough eyes to roll at this stupid comment).

*exjdub's eyes rolling out of his head*

Mary,

Sounds like a Kindergarten class wrote that one...is there no end to the infantile crap that is written?

neyank:

Well said.

• acsot
    acsot
    Even the animals in the ark that survived the Flood did not do so apart from this group."

gawd almighty what stupidity! I suppose if one were to follow that type of convoluted reasoning, then at Armagedon TM the only animals who survive will be those belonging to the dubs?

The GB's really scraping the bottom of the barrel now - what freaking idiots.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Abraham made up "the foremost part" of the Abraham class, to which Sarah, Isaac, Jacob, etc. formed a part. Ruth was the "foremost part" of the Ruth class, and so forth.

I am the "foremost part" of the "Walter class". That's all I need.

Walter

• Mary
    Mary
    xjw_b12 asked: So who are the few individuals God is dealing with personally today

Oh ye of little faith...........Don't you KNOW?? Why, Jehovah is communicating directly with 90 year old farts in New York and no one else on planet earth. How this is done exactly is a mystery of course as Jehovah spoke directly to Noah, Moses, Abraham, etc. Their stupid statement that " There is no reason to believe that God deals any differently with his servants today" flies in the face of their own past statements. The GB has always said that while Jehovah spoke directly with his servants in the past, that is not the case today. They've also said that they are not inspired, nor are they prophets (they just like to act like half-assed ones), so how exactly is Jehovah 'dealing' with them???

Even the animals in the ark that survived the Flood did not do so apart from this group." (there aren't enough eyes to roll at this stupid comment).

*exjdub's eyes rolling out of his head*

Mary, Sounds like a Kindergarten class wrote that one...is there no end to the infantile crap that is written?

LOL!! That's exactly what I thought too. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that as basically they're saying that even animals need salvation........I wonder when they're going to start encouraging everyone to study with our pets and even have them baptized so that they'll survive the "great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah........coming soon to a theatre near you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit