Do you lie about your age in your profile???

by frankiespeakin 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Ex Dub MS
    Ex Dub MS

When you're in your 30s or older and are still half-decent looking, you tell everybody your age.

It's called bragging.

• Left_Field
    Left_Field

I am what I say I am... 36 going on 18 :-)

Skip the rest of this post if you want unless you are interested in ID theft etc...

User profiling is normally done when identity theft is in mind, or stalking among other things...

I had someone try to be me once... on IRC... I caught them and they were very embarrased to say the least.

Remember the following:

Never give out your Name, Address, Age and anything that is a unique identifier to your identity in a publicly viewable site. Unique identifiers can be your National Insurance number, credit card number, drivers licence, passport number. I know it's obvious but people don't realise it sometimes.

Also, don't give information that can be used to obtain these personal identifiers.

Here's a hypothetical situation for a better picture...

Fella puts his Name, Address and Age online.

He gets into a conversation with someone and for one thing or another talks about where he banks and now we know enough to start working on stealing his identity by using a little more social engineering. To the untrained chatter this can be done in such a subtle way over a long period and it does happen. AOL were, I think, the first to post [never reveal personal information to anyone even if they claim to be AOL employees] or similar words to that effect on chat / IM / forums.

Here's a true story... fraud without the internet...

One of my daughters was at a nightclub in Vancouver. She had her ID card stolen. Starting with just the ID card they managed to forge documents and walked into a loan company and tried to get a $10,000 line of credit. Yes just on an ID card. Some guy the next day [after losing the ID card] called her and said he found her ID and that he would send it to her in the post, asked for her address and she gave it to him... giving them three days to do their fraudulent activities, because, like an honest person, she believed him. I don't recall why, but the loan company called her and this is when it all became apparent.

If she was working full time and had the strength for that sort of load it may very well have gone through based on all the false information that the fake person was giving.

But I digress and I'm not trying to hijack the thread :-)

Just touched on something someone mentioned.

Nick

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm 50.

But most of the time I feel in between 17 and 30. I don't spend too much time looking in the mirror,,which I know I should do more often.

I think feeling young when you get older is very important,, and a good sign.

When I was 14 I couldn't wait to be 16,,when I was 17 I could wait to be 21,,when I was 22 I couldn't wait to be 32,, when I was 33 i could wait to be 40. Now that I'm 50 I wish I could go back to 21.

I have longevity in my family on bothsides (both grandfathers live rather long). I think I might reach 90.

• kls
    kls

Okay i'll tell i am 46 with the mind of a 25yr.old. I am very immature and hope to stay that way.

• Sassy
    Sassy

When you're in your 30s or older and are still half-decent looking, you tell everybody your age.

It's called bragging.

lol.. Not me..

I like to forget my age... besides, everytime I do end up telling someone, they all argue with me about my age..

I have had people look at my picture and say You are lying, no way you are 45 and when I say yes I am, they still stay you are lying..

now tell me.. what woman is going to lie about her age when she is saying an OLDER age, rather than a younger one??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit