A witness should NOT ALLOW their cat to eat a bird!

by gumby 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

That's right!

Witnesses believe it would be a transgression against Jehovah's sanctity of blood to give your pet a blood transfusion....even though it's an animal, blood is to be poured out on the ground and not used in any manner.

One time, a notable brother who left the borg and was visiting with some friends to encourage them out of the cult, saw the wifes cat eating a bird out the window. He said "maggie! You could be disfellowshipped for letting your cat eat that bird". She said "don't be rediculous"! He said "why don't you call the society and ask them"? She did. Guess what they told her?

"KEEP A BETTER EYE ON YOUR PETS", was the answer from the service desk. True story.

The reasoning obviously used was 'if blood is not allowed by humans to be eaten then neither are animals in your control allowed to either. If your cat cannot get a blood transfusion, then neither can they eat it'. .................Crazy baby!

Gumby

• Odrade
    Odrade

LMAO!!! you know, before I even opened this I figured that's what the reasoning would be. I'd like to see WT try to stop my cat from eating any birds or mice he catches... geez. LOL

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

My big black cat Rollie keeps out neighborhood free of squirrels. I sure hope he's draining the blood first.

• gumby
    gumby

Well let me tell ya all how things went downhill in the kitty kingdom.

You see....a long time ago, before the flood, cats ate berries and plants. Then god told man to kill animals and it put a fear of man into kittys and they started eating birds instead of berries. Stupid damn kittys anyways!

Gumby

• Faraon
    Faraon

Actually, whenever my cat eats any birds it is because I drain all blood from it and replace it with the fractions allowed by the WT. I love my cat too much and I don´t want to see it destroyed at Armaggeddon.

Faraón

• AuSet
    AuSet

Well, dontcha know we're all supposed to keep our cats indoors nowadays anyway, according to the DNR. Apparently, they wreak havoc on the local bird populations. Puhleez!

I've always wondered how carnivores could eat berries, grass, and stuff before the flood. I mean, just look at their teeth! The design of their entire bodies suggests preying on other animals. Did they "evolve" after the flood? My boyfriend's fundie parents gave my son a book about "when dinosaurs were good." They devoted an entire page to TRex, showing him with his massive head/teeth, and his tiny little arms with claws, and saying how Trex used to go around plucking berries and such off from trees, before the flood. WTF??! Do people actually believe this stuff?

• Faraon
    Faraon

AuSet,

For a good discussion on the flood by AlanFsee the following link .

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/flood01.htm

Faraón

• JH
    JH

...but it's OK for birds to eat us...

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Two articles are very hepful on the subject.

Young Kitties ask---Do I have to bleed all my kills?

Young Kitties ask---Do I really have to come home when I'm called?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Are cats for true Christians? http://dbhome.dk/carlo/cat.htm Cat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit