New to the Forum

by Candles of Light 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Candles of Light
    Candles of Light

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and I have never been a JW, however by boyfriend has been one for most of his life. He is now kicked out of the Church. I have to deal with his pain over the experiences he tells me about in regard to his association with this Church and I don't know how to help him. I don't understand the dates he quotes, the scriptures he quotes, the people of the JW Church he talks about. He is the most loving person I have ever met, but he's being sawed assunder from what I cannot understand. He has an I.Q. over 150 and I can't deal with his mind or how he's thinking, but his association with the JW Church is really making friction between our relationship. I don't know what to do.

I do know he is in misery and the JW Church really affected his life. Can anyone here help me to help him?

Candles

• Sassy
    Sassy

Candles of Light, I think you will find this site a valueable resource. My bf was never a JW either and I WISH he would have joined this site because he struggles trying to understand. There are others in similar circumstances to you who have come here and I really respect how well they understand after being here and reading and asking questions. I can only imagine it's effect will be positive for you to understand him and thereby be more able to help him.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi Candles, I'm not a JW either. Would it be possible to encourage your boyfriend to join this group? It would certainly benefit him since there are many others here who were also disfellowshipped and can offer him support.

Devon

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome Candles,

I think Devon has a good idea! Invite your boyfriend to join this site. It has helped so many people. Good luck and keep trying to encourage him to join. I hope to hear more from you!

Strawberryfieldsforever

• bebu
    bebu

Hello Candles,

Thank goodness, you have come to the right place! I am not a JW either, but came here in order to understand my JW neighbor. I was also clueless about the mind abuse, and how people are set up for being emotionally tormented by the Watchtower.

There is a lot of information available, at freeminds.org.... but it is at this place you will be able to get to have a better understanding of the emotional toll that your boyfriend is experiencing. It's been over a year that I've posted here, and I'm still learning stuff. I think that one of his pains is that he is not understood... and slowly, you will be able to understand... and be a bridge for him to get healing for his mind and spirit.

There is a thread for "newbies" around here... I always can't find the link when I need it. It will give you a good place to start from. I'll look for it and paste it here--unless someone else beats me to it.

BTW, are you in the US? Which region?

bebu

Here's that link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx

• Candles of Light
    Candles of Light

Thank you for your response folks,

I will try to get him here. The kindness you have shown is what he needs. I'll try.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Hi Candles

There's lots of stuff posted on here all the time that will help you understand him better. If he could come here it might help him at least get a perspective. Good luck.

• Candles of Light
    Candles of Light

Bebu,

I live in Florida, just north of Tampa. I'm not that good on a computer, my boyfriend is a master.

• bebu
    bebu

Rats. I'm in the Pacific Northwest!

There are some really awesome folks who live in your area, though. Lady Lee has a map (now I gotta find that!), so maybe you (and boyfriend) might be able to hook up with some of them.

I'll paste that link here-- who knows, though. It might be on that newbie thread!

bebu

Edited to add: Here's the link... sort of. The maps are not visible at this time for some reason. But when they ARE visible, this is where they should show up... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/60950/1.ashx This is just fyi, anyway. Don't mean to 'rush' you.

• Candles of Light
    Candles of Light

Bebu,

The Pacific Northwest has incredible history. Lewis and Clark to name two. Not to mention Saccaquia.

Candels

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit