Letter to CNN re: UN Scandal withWT

by truth1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Let's be realistic. CNN isn't going to do a story just to get to the JW's. In all honesty, the only crime the Society committed is hypocrisy which is not a crime at all. They did not hurt anyone by becoming an NGO. Maybe JW's were embarrassed about it or this was the was the straw that broke the camel's back, but there are no victims from their involvement. There is no wrong-doing from the United Nations either so the public wouldn't care. To Jehovah's Witnesses and former Jehovah's Witnesses, this IS a big deal but from non-members, it's not newsworthy. Think about this from the publics point of view.

Child abuse issues should stand alone and not be combined with other WT scandals.

Devon

• avishai
    avishai

*** Watchtower November 15, 2001 p.19 ***

[Scan available!]
    'No Calamity Will Befall Us'

[?]

14 Anointed Christians are like alien residents living in tents apart from this system of things. Not even a plague draws near their tent. Whether our hope is heavenly or earthly, we are no part of the world, and we are not infected by such spiritually deadly plagues as its immorality, materialism, false religion and worship of the 'wild beast' and it's 'image', the United Nations.

[Emphasis Added]

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

truth1

I like your way of thinking. It shows you are serious and are tired of the hypocrisy. Devon's right though. The abuse of children and the concealment of criminal acts from authorities ,preventing them from getting help is a greater travisty than the NGO debacle. Please don't be discouraged by some of the harsh criticism. You did come here after all for personal healing and I respect that very much.

Good luck with your endevours.

Nadsam

[email protected]

PS ...Thai are you contradicting yourself...AGAIN!, or should I say as usual.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    (caption) As prophesied about the scarlet-colored wild beast, the League of Nations was abyssed during World War II but was revived as the United Nations.

But the scarlet colored wild beast in Rev. 17 is not the same as the wild beast of Rev 13, according to the WTS. They identify the scarlet colored wild beast as being the same as the image of the wild beast, which they have for many decades identified as the UN. That is an image, or reflection, of the wild beast itself, which is the world political system.

I'm not saying I agree with any of their interpretations, of course, only that I have yet to see any evidence of a change in their position. To recap their teaching:

"Wild Beast" of Rev. 13 = world political system

"Image of the Wild Beast" (Rev. 13) = Scarlet Colored Wild Beast (Rev. 17) = UN

• Mary
    Mary

While this might be a great idea from OUR point of view, I don't think it would be of much interest to the rest who watch CNN. Exposing child abuse within the Organization is different: it's a crime, it's happening within a group and it's being covered up. Innocent children are being violated with no repercussions on the assailant. This outrages everyone no matter what religion they are or even if they believe in God.

The UN scandal would simply not generate the same interest. People would simply say "so what?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit