What Made You Realize The WTBTS Was NOT The Truth

by Kevin 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

God is love.

Frannie B

• eljefe
    eljefe

I'm surprised no one has talked about 607. This is what broke the camel's back for me.

I had a meeting with the elders and told them I doubted the org. One said "Do you believe in 1914?". I said I would do more research into it.

1914 is a relative date based on the destruction of Jerusalem happening in 607 bc. There is absolutely NO evidence to support this date for the destruction of Jerusalem. Even in the JW's publications, they can not quote a single archaeologist or scholar that agrees with their interpretation. They can only offer mis-quotes that seem to cast a shadow of doubt on that date. Believe me, I looked everywhere. I looked at Barnes and Nobles, the Local Libraries, local professors, and local religious people.

I would recommend a challenge for her. If she gives you credible recent evidence of 607, you would study, quit pestering her, or something to that effect. This is just an example, but making her check it for herself may be the only way.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I'm sorry that your wife is a jw. You have gotten a lot of good advices in this thread. She is going to shower you with all informations about other religions: how false they are. If she does, try to share your version of "how the Watchtower is false". If she wouldn't look at it, then you don't have to look at what she brought.

The Watchtower lies to recruit more new members everyday. I was one of their victims. Please read Crisis of Conscience. I read it when I was having my own crisis of conscience, and it really touched me deeply. Since you are not a jw, you may not understand the magnitude of the problems or troubles that your wife is in. From the day one she is trained to defend the Watchtower Society. I just hope she is not brain-washed too much. And remember that you shouldn't be hasty, either.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Okay i know the 607 thing is a bombshell to most but it is just a fairy tale i was shocked when someone DAed themselves for not believing in 1914. It is not a required believe. It is just promotional propaganda. We are in the "last days" but we have been in them probally 2000 years. We have the most potential to fufil christ prophecy now with out technology thats all. It does not mean it will happen the watchtower has gotten rid of 1914 and a barometer of the time of the end. The end can happen any time in theory even 10,000 years.

I don't understand why people think the watchtower charishes any belief and if it prooves false it will be their undoing.

• Aikon
    Aikon

Hi Kevin

For me it was when "God" Appointed Elder and a Presiding Overseer in my congregation went to prison for sexuall child abuse. AND the society has done their best to cover it up. By simply warning brothers NOT to talk about it. He had been doing this for over 10years. But some would not stay quite about it.

Also, an Elder who is now the Presiding Overseer, went to court to give character reference!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a cover up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, ask your selve....Would a loving God allow his appointed people, to abuse children????????????

The answer is NO. And there fore this orgaization is NOT backed by God. Full Stop.It is NOT the truth...

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I think that is false logic. If the people are not annoited God did not pick them for anything. Also God gives no proof of anionting it is a feeling ask any born again christian.

w92 2/1 p. 16 ?In the Name of the Holy Spirit? ***

Yes, congregation overseers, or elders, are appointed by holy spirit. In what way? In that appointed elders must meet the qualifications outlined in the inspired Bible. (1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9) They can develop those qualifications only with the help of holy spirit. Further, the body of elders that recommends a new elder prays for the guidance of holy spirit to discern whether he meets the qualifications or not. And the actual appointment is made under the supervision of the spirit-anointed faithful and discreet slave.

See God does not choose them the FDS does.

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

I had another thought about the www.brci.org website. After speaking with one of the counselors on the help line, they sent us a packet of some very useful info. One was a short article having the theme of "Does God work through an Organization?" Points raised in this article were VERY though provoking. SInce it is NOT written by an ex-JW, I don't think it can be considered "apostate" literature, in case your wife absolutely refuses to look at it.

call these people they can help!!!

1-800-why-1914 (I swear, that really is their number!)

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

DANNY'S LAUNDROMAT; Washing Machine

Customer, Watchtower dirty linen;

My:Laundry check list:

Top of the heap:Russelite soilage, source; embedded, 'spin off' of the Millerite movement ca. 1870 X-tra suds on this one.

World War one attributions.The watchtower's conceited claim, that all the horrendous atrocities of that period were due to 'Satan's instigation' in order to"get" the Russelite followers. Hold this, for pre-treatment in the sop sink.

The Christian cross/stake. Which was it? Which device was Jesus impaled on?Was it an upright single stake or was it the traditional cross with a horizontal crossbeam? Does it really matter?

The Watchtower's insistence on the single stake.Finds it's origin in the transliteration of the NT. Greek word stauros, which does ring like stake doesn't it?The WT$ also contends further, that the pagan Romans would not have 'wasted' a second piece of scarce wood on a condemned criminal.The WT$ also cites the 'pagan cross icon' as preceding Christianity by centuries. Granted, but here's the kicker. The upright stake(sacred pole) is also a pagan phallic,symbol.Furthermore,it is abundantly clear from historical accounts that the Romans impaled their victims on crosses. Debunked to the speed wash.

John 13:35, Jesus testimony "...By this, all will know you are my disciples,if you have love among yourselves." This garment is heavily 'fecal stained' with WT$ phony propaganda.It's a predatory dog eat dog JW world out their.Also it is abusive, the way they treat dissidents and outsiders. Use lots of soap and hot water on this one. Sorry

Amos 3:7;.."The Lord Jehovah,will not do a single thing, unless he has revealed the confidential matter to his servants the prophets". (NWT.) How gracious of a loving God to do so..How does it come to past then, that the watchtower's,'faithful and discreet slave class'..Is predictably erroneous with 80% of their predictions??? Cross ref; Duet 18:20 Sorry, no spot remover can erase these stains.

The bogus blood ban. This 'garment' is composed of pre-Christian kosher 'fibers'.Must be held as evidence for forensic CSI team. Blood stained with the deaths of thousands.

"Fraud in the name of god".Millions defrauded of their,family's, youth, education,quality of life and financial assets..Watchtower phony prospectus under scrutiny by investigators.Hold for CSI.

Always service with a smile @ www.DannyHaszard.com Danny's suds and duds gets the crud.

• boa
    boa

kevin - welcome to JWD!

I am sorry to hear of the marital strife HER stance has caused to come inbetween your relationship. Perhaps that is a great initial indication of why the way the jws believe is WRONG - CONDITIONAL LOVE! I don't believe jesus taught CONDITIONAL love.

To answer your question more personally though: I was drifting away for years disillusioned after being at bethel (for just over a year) and particularly after reading the bible for the first time cover to cover while there. This brought home to me just how far 'out' there, their belief system is and how it so clearly contradicts the bible on many points. To have to do the scriptural gymnastics they must do to support thier often unreasonable and illogical doctrines is a give away that it is NOT the truth.

The truth (if there is one) should be simple, have the ring of 'truth' and even the most uneducated should 'get it' imo. Very few jws could ever sufficiently and scripturally explain and prove jw doctrine using ONLY the bible imo. Thus, they would be no different than many 'householders' at the doors who are blown away by the message they preach since they present the illusion of 'bible knowledge' which in the end is mostly a lot of fluff and showmanship. Anyone who knows their salt about the falseness and deception of unique jw 'truth' and how they support twist/distort it from the bible (for example - EX JWS! LOL) can rip and tear a jws beliefs at their door in moments. They MUST turn to the reasoning 'lies and propaganda from the scriptures book' or other publication to stumble their way away from the door in great haste imo.

NO active jw will address the issues (just see theocrat as a laughable example) and even if they were to try, they really don't know squat about their own history or they will refer to the one they've received from ONE source, that very org that has been lying to them all these years. Yer not allowed to find out about the TRUE history of the org though, cuz that would be the road to APOSTACY against such an org - HOW MUCH MORE OBVIOUS DOES IT NEED TO BE? is the question that rages in my head when I look at it.

Anyway, got off on a tangent there kevin. I was going to say that I was drifting for a while and then I fluked out in ending up on this site after looking for info on an UN proposal put forward by a group called 'formulism' to ban all religion. Of course, the internet search ended up here because of the UN NGO scandal which strangely enough didn't really blow me away like it has some. I lurked at all the info for a coupla days on this site and then dared to borrow Crisis Of Conscience from our local library (a well worn book lol) and the rest has been history - namely, the wts is history in the wifeee's and my life - Thank a God wherever he or she may be from saving me spending one more second in this horrific 'religion'! It was the decimation of the 607bce date that first donated to the coffin of jw religious relics that masquerade as 'truth'. If you can win your wife over, imo, it will only be done through a reasonable, loving approach. Turn the 'love bomb' bs people in da troof use for 'new ones' on her, except really mean it with true, unconditional love.

boa's rant is done now....thanks for asking kevin.....take care eh and all the best with your challenging situation.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I was raised in the JW religion and lived it for many years. The huge turning point for me was seeing the Dateline Special about 2 years ago exposing the child pedophile problem in the WTBS. That was so hypocritical of them to put down the Catholic Church and then to find out the WTBS are doing the same thing!!! I could not let go of that evidence. Also, like many others: the total LACK of love was huge evidence as well. Those are the 2 RED FlAGS that told me something was very wrong with the WTBS.

I later read COC and totally agreed with what was written.

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit