Trigger points.

by Gadget 20 Replies latest members private

• Gadget
    Gadget

You get the pain from the trigger points, you can learn to live with that. What I find is harder is the effect your pain has on those close to you. If they feel that you being effected by a trigger point from a past relationship is evidence that you are still in love with an expartner and so not in love with them, it hurts, and its a whole new pain.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

As far as this idea that maybe the trigger point will always be there goes, remember the only reasonable conclusion that you can come to is it will always be there or return IF nothing changes - if you keep doing the same thing to work with the same old condition. It could very well be that you may have a new insight or come across something that will be just the thing to dissolve it for good, you never know. However, if you convince yourself that there IS nothing out there at all and nothing will change, then chances are you won't even look.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Let me put it another way: All things being equal, if you are trying to overcome conditioning by instilling new conditioning to de-condition the old stuff, it will probably take just as long. Fortunately, the mind actually has the capacity and intelligence to cut through it and break the pattern, rather than trying to establish a new pattern that is actually based on the old one. I compare it with trying to uninstall specific programs from your computer and reinstalling the operating system from scratch. Instead of trying to deal with it in bits and pieces, it is much cleaner and more thorough if you have a fresh start. The thing is, most people are not ready to take such a big step, but if you are it is possible to do this.

• reboot
    reboot

i'm still a little confused-but basically the reason for this thread and the unhappiness of the person who started it, i've just learned, is my fault.

i'm so sorry Paul.

Something I said in that text, was'nt, as I wrongly thought; a flippant, throwaway remark, but a trigger for something you've struggled with in the past.

I did'nt know and even if I had I should'nt have said it; I've honestly never made fun of anyone in my life.I've been told rape jokes before and they've upset me, for example; so I can only imagine how much ive hurt you.

I'm so sorry to have triggered something that made you remember events that made you so unhappy and to have been responsible for the past three days of misery you've suffered.

I am absolutely devestated about it, I never even hurt people who hurt me, let alone the people who love me.

I feel so awful.I thought we knew everything about eachother and I would'nt have made a casual remark about it if i'd known. I've never even noticed it...........perhaps that's because it's an acceptable part of you, as everything else is.

i'm replying publically for two reasons;

one, because it might help you to feel a little better

and two, because when I got your message I was so cross with my self I threw my phone on the floor of the car-park and I cant get it to work properly now-have to try and buy a case, it just kind of exploded in to little pieces; if not i'll buy a new phone and swop the sim card over.

I am such an idiot-i'm sorry.

• reboot
    reboot

bttt

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm sorry.

• Left_Field
    Left_Field

I know of two types of triggers that I experience. This I know because of observations made around me.

1. The type that I am aware of, they are obvious because I can run a train of thought and back track to the point or moment it happened.

example.. whenever I talk[ed] about my ex-wife I sudddenly become very aggitated, sometimes angry and [prior to working through it] I sputed foul language and wished many bad things on her. I never knew that this was a trigger. I never knew that it could be worked through. I just thought that we had this stuff inside and one day it would get locked in a little box and forgotten about by our negative emotions... ohh how wrong I was. This is my known trigger today because I can track back to the start of my emotional change and know it was the topic of my ex-wife that caused it.

2. Getting triggered and becoming a negative person and not knowing why.

I get like this sometimes and I don't know why. I am still looking for clues and I know that it is my "baggage" that is causing this. The fact I know this then makes me do some thiking. Was I upset because of the topic at hand [something really trivial in all cases]? Obviously not - I believe I'm not one to get hung up on trivial matters. So it has to be something deeper. Then I start to work it through. The therapy of working it through takes my mind off the initial "thing" that triggered it and I get back to a palce of well being and on the way I clue in on a few things.

Silly thing is, to this day I have never discovered my triggers, it's always been other people around me who know my history. Now THAT'S thinking outside the box!! lol

Hope that helped.

Nick

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

(((((Group hug)))))

• Left_Field
    Left_Field

You're a very nice guy LittleToe... but next time a three second hug between fellas, ok? We have 'manly' rules ya know.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Three seconds?
    You call that a hug?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit