Stockholm Syndrome what is it?

by Undaunted Danny 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Stockholm Syndrome: [Stock'holm syn"drome] Psychiatry. (an emotional attachment to a captor formed by a hostage as a result of continuous stress, dependence, and a need to cooperate for survival.). In the Watchtower/Jehovah's Witnesses cult it plays like this:Satan wants you to leave the,"truth".So,he will try every hook and crook to stumble you out. Stockholm Syndrome sounds like a variation of the passive/aggresive,good cop/bad cop routine doesn't it?

MORE: http://www.dannyhaszard.com/stockholm_syndrome.htm Elizabeth Smart,Why didn't she leave? http://www.dannyhaszard.com/smartbackup.htm

?? THINKING OF GETTING OUT OF THE CULT ??

Danny sez:Be a "coy Roy" and "don't look back Jack"

Just go missing, MIA , (missing in action)

Don't let the control freak, church elders know your plans...

Be as elusive and as evasive as they are..

Hey Babe ! To use the all purpose elder catchphrase :: IT'S CONFIDENTIAL !

Help is only a mouse click away.

Undaunted Danny www.DannyHaszard.com

• Nordic
    Nordic

The Syndrom come from a ropper in Stockholm (city)

He rops a bank and couldnt get out, and hold some people as hostage, one of the women fell in love with the ropper and got married later with this guy, thats the syndrom.

Nordic

• Left_Field
    Left_Field

That's where it originates from for sure. Those Swedes... they love everyone!! ;o)

Stockholm Syndrome is where the victim identifies with his/her captor. There fear is

more often still there and some psychologists say that it is a survival response in

humans.

See links below for more details:

http://www.yahoodi.com/peace/stockholm.html <------ Sweden Bank Robbery

http://pages.ivillage.com/guppyfish/id39.html <----- Battered Wives dubbed as suffering from the same Syndrome

http://familyrightsassociation.com/info/stockholm/syndrome.html <----- More on the Syndrome it's history and Psychology.

The protrayal of the WTS saying that Satan is tricking you out of the "truth" is inconsistent with the definition of the Syndrome.

Their "reversal" of it's meaning may be due to comments about them being a cult and the members possibly synpathising with

their "captors" [the Organisation] and using spiritual / scriptural gymnastics to convince its members of their [WTS] good intentions?

Would be an interesting theory to bash out...

How about: The Syndrome's psychology of the need to survive [everlasting survival in this case] is convincing yourself that you are in the right religion and you [the member] have convinced yourself of that fact thus that fact outweighs the consequences you suffer for being in the organisation?

L_F

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

How the,"Stockholm Syndrome" played out with me was like this: No matter how much dog eat dog outrageous cruel abuse my JW 'brothers' would dish out i have to take it because i made a personal dedication to Jehovah.To serve Jehovah no matter what,and this abuse is my test from Jehovah.

Sooo,anything goes.....

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Sounds like when Patty Hearst was kidnapped and came so close to her captors that she actually participated in a robbery with them.

She was a bit mixed up I believe...but is very funny, has been in a few movies here and there. Kudos to her for getting over it.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, yes, how we love our abusers! After they have kept us in isolation for so long, it seems like their world is the only one that is real.

"Will they still love me? Oh, no, I will be cast out, and my life will be nothing without them!"

How about being totally convinced by your abusers that they love you and your life will be nothing, NOTHING, without them?

HELLO!

Does this sound wrong to you? Good, then you see the WTS for what it is!

Good post, Danny.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Every person who has been around Cults and Cultist groups know what the "Stockholm Syndrome" is. It's been extensively discussed in here.

Unfortunately, all the discussions have been wrong. The REAL "Stockholm Syndrome" is the uncanny addiction that weak people have to Swedish meatballs. It is a very BAD addiction and one that True Christians(tm) should avoid.

People who get addicted to Swedish meatballs begin to identify with them. Later on in the third stage of addiction, they begin to yodel. It's a very insidious disease and one that should be avoided at all costs.

This is Bible-Based(tm).

Farkel.

• talesin
    talesin

But are they pork? That's the real question. It's in the pork, man. It's demonizzzed!

eeeekkkkkkk!!!!!! Pork meatballs!

• avengers
    avengers

Hey Dan.

Never looked at it from that angle. Thanks for this New Light.
    Good post.

Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit