wasted life

by littlemike 29 Replies latest jw friends

• littlemike
    littlemike

not many of you know me on here. left 2 years ago and surf nearly every night. i was an elder for 11 years did circuit assembly items etc. in fact i did everything the society said. my wife left three years ago and we nearly split up horrendous rows etc. After reading crisis of conscience, freedom, gentile times etc i left in great trauma but hten felt i had wasted my entire life. i was one of those who went to every meeting even if i was dying. i felt i had wated my entire life. do any of you still feel that. i am 44 and was born into jw and left at 42.

• kls
    kls

Welcome,,,,,,,,,many feel the same as you ,but instead of beating yourself over it , take it as a life lesson learned besides you were born into it ,you really had no choice. But now you are free and starting a new life without control. CONGRADULATIONS

• Sassy
    Sassy

Welcome to the board LittleMike. I know how you feel. I just left last July and I am 45. It kills me what time in life I threw away.

But at least we did get to be enlightened .. some people never are..

We look forward to getting to know you

• littlemike
    littlemike

thank you.

life is getting so good at moment its scarey. But i do miss some of my close friends who have just disappeared. Sometimes I crave for them but i know there is not much i can do. What do you feel about past friends.

• kls
    kls

I f you are talking of jw friends, they went when i left, they were only friends when i was one of them. As soon as they found i was a apostate and could not convert me back , the vanished which i have no problem with. They could not associate with an apostate and i would not associate jws

• Nina
    Nina

Wasted your life? Didn't you learn anything useful in 42 years? How to study? How to speak? How to deal with different people and situations? Did you have any enjoyable experiences? Ponder on any everlasting truths? Were you of any assistance to anyone in any way in 42 years? Your life has been far from wasted.

Yes, you will miss "friends". You will likely develop a new frame of reference for the word "friend" and for several other words as well.

Mike, this is just a transition. Transitions can be rough. You won't lose anything worth keeping but you have to work not to lose your "self". You've been shaken is all. Hang in there.

Nina

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

Welcome littlemike,

leaving was very hard - i walked away form my family and friends. I felt i had wasted my entire youth. was brought up jw most of my life - then pioneered. i have had to rebuild my life - with real friends. Peole who have something in common with me not my religion. please believe me when i say that you have made the biggest and hardest step. take all the good bits about your life to date and forget about the cr*p. These feelings are hard to deal with - i can relate so well to how you feel - but it will get better.

looking forward to getting to know you,

Welcome to the World - come in and enjoy all it has to offer.

Kind regards

Lass

• littlemike
    littlemike

thanks. I actually know what you say is trus but it still doesnt make it eay when you realise you have een involved so deeply in teaching a lie to not only people on the ministry but also your kids.

To the person who said why did I leave. Although my wife had left one year earlier I tried to prove it was the truth to keep stong. However read crisis of conscience which blew my brain and answered all my secret doubts. Then read Christian Freedom, Gentile TImes, Last Days to confirm my conclusions.

I am currently writing my own life story. Temporarily titled Why didnt anyone ask? But dont know what I will do with it yet. Basically why didnt anybody ask me why I had left after 42 years. I know the anser now but I want them to know why

• kls
    kls

Littlemike,,,,, when i hear jws opening their minds and going against something so powerful as a cult , i wonder if they really know how strong they really are . You and others like you need to see what courage it took to make your life free , no matter how long it takes. The fact that you read Ray Franzs book shows that.

Welcome to you and your wife

• El blanko
    El blanko

I know others who feel the same as you - it is not uncommon. Fortunately you still hopefully have many years to go on this earth and may be able to fill those years with greatness.

In a way, do not feel too bad about the message you carried to others, it is not worth the mental anguish. You did, afterall, what you thought was the right thing at the time and at least you gave those ones something to focus upon aside from pure material values. Those ones may have gone on to better things that benefited their own life and enriched their own spiritual pathways.

You never know, one or two may be active here or lurkers

Maybe you could build a website as a project, collate your thoughts and express them through web-based essays?

All the best to you sir.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit