Inventing your own mythological guru (Jungian)

by frankiespeakin 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

When I was young, I came up with many archetypes on my own, before I knew anything about Jung. They didn't stay consistent, though. They seemed to change as I went through different stages of my life. I tried the Caroline Myss approach, but quickly lost interest.I just can't settle on twelve archetypes.

I have my own system that I use when I feel like it. As Shakespeare said "the world's a stage, and we are the actors" or something like that, anyway. When I'm faced with problems to solve, I imagine myself as an actor on a stage. I look at the script (which contains the problem) and decide what character will handle it the best.I imagine that character going flawlessly through their part, and I listen to what the character says. Sometimes I get insight on how to solve the problem, sometimes not. But I don't talk to the actor, I AM the actor, playing that particular script.It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds,nor is it time consuming. Plus, I like theater, so it interests me.

In reference to Jung's guru-has anyone else noticed how much he looked like Freud?

• patio34
    patio34

Wow, this is really interesting! A few years ago, I wrote a lot of poetry for a while, especially with my non-dominant hand. It was very enlightening and introspective. I intuitively called this part of me my muse and relied on the non-dominant writing for insight. There's more to it, but it's too personal to share.

Thanks for bringing this up. I guess I had my guru (I called it a muse), but hadn't read Jung.

At first it felt a little silly, but then I thought what is sillier: praying to a ancient mythical (imo) tribal war god for help, or relying on my self with creativity muse thrown in?

Pat

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I want to thank everyone for sharing your veiws.

Patio,

I think you should wake up your muse and see what happens???

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

the best teachers, inside your mind our apparently outside are those who can show you that you never needed one

-Anthony De Mello

a Teacher educates, A shepherd on the other hand enslaves and manipulates for his own benefit... he fleeces and slaughters his flock, never expects them to become shepherds.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Zen, are you the same one on Yahoo chat?

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Zen, are you the same one on Yahoo chat?

the one and only not many people would chose my screen name

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit