JW Lingo..

by Sassy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Shit the witnesses have been claiming that the nations have been claiming "peace and security" since the Reagan era. The term "peace and security" originated with the United Nations, they state that as being their goal. Therefore it is more than a coincedence when governmental leaders use that term. The witnesses claim it's a sign of the times. Everytime I heard that phrase as a Dub i thought it was proof they were right about the "end" coming when the nations declare peace and security. Boy was I pissed when I found out the truth about that phrase

• Sassy
    Sassy
    The other day when Bush gave a speech, he used the term "peace and security" at least 2 times and then used "security and peace" at least once. I didn't hear the whole speech so I can only list the times I heard it. Yes, it triggers an "oh no" in me to this day.

yeah...........and how many presidents speech's have used that very phrase..

I remember in the 1980 or so the D.O. saying that the it was being declared a Year of Peace and of course we all speculated that it might be pointing to that prophetic Peace and Security...

here we are.....over 20 yrs later...

SLIPPY, the other ProJW site I am aware of still in existance is Witnessworld

• Celtic
    Celtic

I had a strange experience a couple of years ago whilst I was at Oxford and considering university there. Staying at the local backpackers hostel a group of people were sitting around a table from all over the globe, some knew each other, others not and one or two new arrivals in the small crowd. I was listening to this young lady from Edmonton, Canada talk away and before too long, my head quizzically tuned towards her as I thought in my mind, 'what an unusual expression'. Two or three minutes later the same happened again, even though no direct thoughts were being expressed to give away her background, just a keyword now and again. About 15 mins later, I could hold my curiosity no longer and asked if she minded me asking her a completely off the wall question. She looked at me a bit funny and told me to go ahead. So I blurted out, not for everyone to hear of course, 'did you ever used to be a jw'? She virtually screamed and looked at me in amazement and said yes, she had been brought up a witness. I told her my story. She told me hers. She was there to study speech communication and semiotics, I to potentially study entrepreneurship at Brookes. We spent the next several days in each others company along with another guy, often drinking at the Swan on the banks of the river Isis.

Wonder what happened to her after that, heard she was getting married, lets see October 2001 I think it was. She had two sisters also.

Aye I think vocabulary does change over time, sometimes its just that we do not have full comprehension of the full conveyance or implication personally, emotionally of the transitional period we are going through. Some time later, this hits us and we then realise that even right now, without fully always understanding all those processes of thought, we are still working through many convergent and divergent issues, and so the cycle repeats itself, giving us more understanding and empathy for others the wiser we get as we gracefully grow older and longer in tooth.

Kindest regards to you Sassy, all the best wee bonny lass.

Celtic Mark

• Celtic
    Celtic

Yr of P & S - '82?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Kindest regards to you Sassy, all the best wee bonny lass.

Woah, did I ever misread that! I had to read it again because I thought I read "wee boney ass"

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I've been out 30 years and sometimes I'll find myself starting to say "The Truth" while I'm talking about JWs. It's a very freaky feeling.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I was posting on another board yesterday *achewkents* sniff, and found out about and visited www.jwconnections.com for some hot JW dating action. Well let me just say that two of the sisters in Austria were smoking hot. One of them could have been a model. I couldn't seem to access www.jwconnections.com later that evening and evidently nobody else could either. hehehe

• Sassy
    Sassy

well.....I do have one good friend on jw connections..at least I think she is still there.. so I am hoping you all leave her alone

she used to be my best friend till I stopped attending meetings.. but I still love her and don't want her hurt..

• bebu
    bebu
    "Theocratic"

There's a word I have never used in real life (as a non-dub). Besides, something about this word is really creepy...

If anyone ever uses this word, I'd immediately suspect s/he's a dub.

bebu

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Sassy, if she's Austrian, then I might not be able to leave her alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit