To go, or not to go?

by Insomniac 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    It's somewhat possible that I won't even be recognized, as I have had some major reconstructive plastic surgery on my face (I look sort of pretty now!) and have allowed my hair to return to its natural color.

Isn't "cosmetic surgery" something in itself that Dubs look down upon. Should they recognise you and work out what's different, wouldn't that automatically signal to them that something's "not right"?

(I know you used the term "reconstructive", rather than "cosmetic", but don't kid yourself that they'll see it as the former and not the latter. )

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

The surgery happened while I was still an active dub, a few years ago. Trust me, it was neccessary; only the most cold-hearted witness would have felt otherwise. Not one person in the cong I attended at that time said a thing about it, except to give me hell for missing meetings while I recuperated. It was not to look pretty, just normal.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Not one person in the cong I attended at that time said a thing about it, except to give me hell for missing meetings while I recuperated.

When push comes to shove, I guess the all important time-keeping is their main priority - bastards!

It was not to look pretty, just normal.

I was able to figure that out from your post, but I wasn't sure that they would be able to!

• gumby
    gumby
    just wonder if it would be hypocritical to attend a meeting just to find some old buds

You won't find any buds there cuz nobodys a doper. You'll have to do like me and go into the world and buy your own

Gumbuds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit