Ozzie's Weekend Poll #91

by ozziepost 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

How's your weekend been going? Here in Oz, today is Anzac Day, the national commemoration of soldiers, sailors and airmen who have fallen in war. Mrs Ozzie and I have been very conscious of the fact that the WTS and JWs avoid recognizing any debt to the members of the armed forces who have fought in battle to preserve the peaceful conditions that the WTS benefits from in its printing operations. Does recognising this debt imply support for war? Hardly! Yet Dubs are taught that any such recognition is giving support to Satan's wicked system. We thought that this year we'd try and make a significant (for us) stand on this by sharing a memorial service for the fallen right next to Bethel, about as close as we could get! On a glorious bright sunny morning we joined with scores of others assembling around a giant tree where wreaths were hung. The "brothers" residing behind the locked gates of Bethel no doubt could not have failed to hear the bagpipes or the bugler playing "The Last Post" ! For us, another insight into what we had missed out on whilst we were within those "locked gates".

Now, it's time to settle back and reminisce as we do our weekend poll.

This weekend's poll question is:

What does the word "immature" mean to a dub?

1. Not baptised.

2. An irregular publisher.

3. A dub who makes his/her own decisions.

4. Late to the meetings.

5. Less than 10 hours a month in field service.

6. No placements.

7. A dub who goes to see a football game.

8. Posting on JWD.

9. Someone who doesn't have "privileges".

10. Someone who doesn't know how to explain "the generation".

11. Someone who can explain how the WTS/F&DS was chosen by God. (OK, make that "can't"!!!)

12. A brother who has a beard.

13. Other (please detail)

So there we have it! What do you think? Let us know.

Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

somebody whose tongue is not long enough to lick the presiding overseers ass

• new light
    new light
    3. A dub who makes his/her own decisions

Sorry to just parrot your words, but this one is gold!! Watchtower maturity can be almost the exact opposite of normal maturity.

13. Someone who reads their bible without the "help" of "bible-based" publications.

14. Someone who owns a two-door car or a pick-up truck. Of course, the truck owner can score maturity points by using the truck for theocratic errands. The two-door driver is a spiritually dead Luciferian bound for eternal destruction at the hands of the god of love.

15. Someone who, after a long week at work, chooses to relax or catch up on personal business on Saturday. This is only acceptable if the week's "work" was pioneering, in which case Saturday service is optional. We wouldn't want our pioneers to have to converse with common publishers, would we?

• blondie
    blondie

What does the word "immature" mean to a dub?

Not baptised. (depends on whether they are unbaptized publisher or not)

An irregular publisher.

• A dub who makes his/her own decisions. (considered "bad association")
  • Late to the meetings. (only if they aren?t elders/MS)
  • Less than 10 hours a month in field service. (only if they aren?t elders/MS already)
  • No placements. (just means they forgot to report it)
  • A dub who goes to see a football game. (too many elders to go these to lalbel a dub immature for doing this)
  • Posting on JWD. (Soon to be meeting with a JC is more likely)
  • Someone who doesn't have "privileges". (no that would be a sister)
  • Someone who doesn't know how to explain "the generation". ( no, an immature one would be a dub who doesn?t realize it changed)
  • Someone who can explain how the WTS/F&DS was chosen by God. (OK, make that "can't"!!!) (that would be any dub?can?t explain
  • A brother who has a beard.
  • Other (please detail)
  • Missing meetings/assemblies/conventions

Dating/marrying a non-JW

Attending R-rated movies

Use vulgar, sensuous dance movements

Never commenting at the meetings

Partaking of the emblems (born after 1935)

Idollizing new ones that were well-known in the world (Prince???)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Partaking of the emblems (born after 1935)

Blondie,

How right that is! What intrigues me is that the present GB has an "immature" publisher on it, doesn't it?

Cheers, Ozzie

• blondie
    blondie

To be specific, ozziepost:

Herd?born 1935

Jaracz?born 1925 (only 10 in 1935)

Lett?born 1949 (14 years after 1935)

Losch?born 1941 (6 years after 1935)

Pierce?born 1934 (only 1 in 1935)

Splane?born 1944 (9 years after 1935)

The news had a piece on ANZAC day. I wonder how many people in the US realize how Australia/New Zealand were the final barrier to the Japanese taking over the Pacific. The US had to retreat from the Philippines. I remember how many from your area came and fought with the US in Korea and Vietnam.

Blondie

• oscar
    oscar

I would say going to the meetings without a briefcase I would go with just my bible and song book and would get looked at as if I was doomed for not lugging a huge briefcase with all the latest offers, never know when you will meet that intrested person on your way to a meeting and make a placement.

• beaker
    beaker

How about listening to music other than kingdom melodies?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Beaker,

I remember!!

How's your long weekend?

Cheers, Ozzie

• beaker
    beaker

Ozzie,

had a great weekend with the kids

got a bbq planned for monday

hope you enjoyed your picnic today