How Long Were You A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• copsec
    copsec

29 long, miserable years

• Mulan
    Mulan

about 48 years. My parents were baptized when I was 4. We left when I was 52.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Began studying December 1971
    Baptized 1973 (and married the next day to the cute boy who first witnessed to me!)

Went inactive in 1994
    DA'd in 1995, early summer -- took the cute boy out with me! (He was ready to leave years before I was.)

So, counting from the beginning of that "Bible study" to the date of my DA letter -- just over 23 years.

Began attending a UU church 3 months before I wrote that DA letter!

GentlyFeral

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Long enough, thank you, Min.

Frannie B

• JH
    JH

Active JW for about 6 years

Inactive JW for about 10 years and counting

• onacruse
    onacruse

Born and raised; baptized in 1962 (at age 10).

DFd in 2000, but was still in every way (other than name) a JW until July 3, 2002--the day I joined this forum.

I still have a lot of JW boogers in my thinking, but it's been an accelerated year and a half: I feel like I've been on the Indy500 "racetrack of life," with a few more laps to go...

...yeah, more than a few more laps, and a pit stop here and there too.

Craig

• Sassy
    Sassy

Raised since a toddler in it.........and I'm 45 now, so over 40 yrs.. Baptized 30 yrs ago this July

• onacruse
    onacruse

Geez, lot's of old popcorn-farts on this db; now just a couple of Nethinim, and we'll be set.

LOL

• blondie
    blondie
    Geez, lot's of old popcorn-farts on this db; now just a couple of Nethinim, and we'll be set.

Can you translate that, onacruse?

Blondie (confused class)

• onacruse
    onacruse

Blondie

I couldn't help but poke some fun at the hierarchical/substitutionary nature of human interaction.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit