You Know's prophetic failures--Can you list them?

by Schizm 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

bebu,

: I didn't realize "You Know" had such long history; I thought he had been around for only a couple of years. It makes me laugh to read those predictions.

; sKally, I'm thoroughly confused now. I had thought before that H2O had been an ex-JW site which went defunct. Your first link has a silentlambs link on the web page, so I wasn't surprised... but the other links lead to pages that are tightly pro-JW.

';Can someone quickly fill me in on what the background of H2O? Did it start one way, and end up another?

Although skally didn't exactly provide the links you were looking for, she was one of the old-timers on the old H20, as was I. H20 was THE premier board for discussion about JW issues before it died due to over-moderation. Some of the most lively debates between JW apologizes and ex-JWs that have ever happened, happened there.

Most of us (I can't speak for Skally, but I'd bet she'd agree) who have been around longer than a few years would call that board the golden age of debate and information passing. No one would dare ask a question like "what's your favorite pizza topping?" without getting a decent and deserved drubbing over there.

This board has a different focus, and one which makes old farts like me just wonder what exactly IS my favorite pizza topping, and then wonder why I wonder about stuff like that, and whether I should even wonder about stuff like that.

Farkel

• TD
    TD
    Although skally didn't exactly provide the links you were looking for, she was one of the old-timers on the old H20, as was I. H20 was THE premier board for discussion about JW issues before it died due to over-moderation. Some of the most lively debates between JW apologizes and ex-JWs that have ever happened, happened there.

Most of us (I can't speak for Skally, but I'd bet she'd agree) who have been around longer than a few years would call that board the golden age of debate and information passing. No one would dare ask a question like "what's your favorite pizza topping?" without getting a decent and deserved drubbing over there.

There was definitely an excitement as AJWR was winding down and H2O was starting up that hasn't been duplicated since. I think the internet was considerably "newer" to everyone in 1995-1996 and a lot of JW's that had suppressed their doubts for a very long time were discovering an environment where they could finally speak their mind.

• sf
    sf
    Although skally didn't exactly provide the links you were looking for

E for effort I say.

Many of the links that were provided above DO hold old h20 posts. So please, sift through them. I have some filed away yet still can't find where I saved them to.

Perhaps Farkel can oblige.

Or others.

sKally, WITNETOBSERVER Klass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit