Can someone help me?

by Morgan 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Morgan
    Morgan

Hi Everyone,

I asked a question to Farkel the other day. He had posted (on a different thread) the following:

Quote: This same "God" gave instuctions on how to hold the legs of babies so his "chosen people" could bash the brains of those little babies against the walls and spat them all over the place.: End Quote. (Sorry. I don't know how to use the quote feature on this forum)

I have never heard of this. It actually is bothering me. I am only looking for clarification.

Now, maybe he (Farkel) didn't see my post, or maybe he chose to ignore it. But, this is a sincere question that I have. I do not know where this can be found in the Bible. I have tried to look myself, but didn't find it.

The question I ask is: Where is this in the Bible? What scripture is this referring to? I am clueless as to where to find it.

Anyone's help would be appreciated. Thanks. Morgan

• avishai
    avishai

Just a sec. I'll look. But if you've read your bible, ya have to realize that ancient Israel was proficient at ethnic cleansing. Wiping out entire cultures that did'nt believe as they did, including children, except for the women, which they often took as "concubines" slave girls, etc.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Morgan, Farkel prolly didn't see your posted question, chere. But I think from what you say, tho I didn't see the original thread, that Farkel had his tongue in his cheek and was embellishing the scriptural content with his very creative imagination. It's like what the religious leaders do from their pulpits when they condemn certain sinners to hell, tho they're not the ones responsible for judging and have actually overstepped their positions.

Frannie B

• Valis
    Valis

Try reading Exodus....or this site has some listed. AND no I don't purport its purpose, but we aren't reinventing the wheel...

http://www.rationalchristianity.net/genocide.html

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hi Morgan. It is disturbing when it first registers with you, especially the thought that our parents had us believing this was the word of God. Blech.

It's funny that it is so hard for us to believe (or that we missed in the first place) the stories of god telling his people to kill babies, because we all remember this one:

Please open your bible to 2 Kings, 2:23-24.

23: And he (Elisha) went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24: And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

The scripture you're looking for might be referenced in the essay below:

Does God Kill Babies?

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."--Psalm 137:9

The bible is not pro-child. Why did God set a bear upon 42 children just for teasing a prophet (2 Kings 2:23-24)? Far from demonstrating a "pro-life" attitude, the bible decimates innocent babies and pregnant women in passage after gory passage, starting with the flood and the wanton destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, progressing to the murder of the firstborn child of every household in Egypt (Ex. 12:29), and the New Testament threats of annihilation.

Space permits only a small sampling of biblical commandments or threats to kill children:

• Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.
    • Deuteronomy 2:34 utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.
    • Deuteronomy 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.
    • I Samuel 15:3 slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.
    • 2 Kings 8:12 dash their children, and rip up their women with child.
    • 2 Kings 15:16 all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.
    • Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.
    • Isaiah 13:18 They shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.
    • Lamentations 2:20 Shall the women eat their fruit, and children.
    • Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children.
    • Hosea 9:14 give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.
    • Hosea 13:16 their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

• avishai
    avishai

Deuteronomy.

And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
    Women Cruelty Injustice Family Values
    Make slaves of all the
    women and children
    Contradiction
    Does God
    approve
    of slavery?
    20:14
    But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.
    20:15
    Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.
    Women Injustice Family Values
    "Thou shalt save alive
    nothing that breatheth."
    Contradiction
    Does God want
    children to die?
    20:16
    But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
    20:17
    But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:
    20:18
    That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God.

20:19

Try joshuah, chapter ten.

• avishai
    avishai
    Psalms, Chapter 137

SAB

137:1
    By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
    137:2
    We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
    137:3
    For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
    137:4
    How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?
    137:5
    If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
    137:6
    If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
    137:7
    Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
    137:8
    O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
    Family ValuesContradiction
    Does God want
    childrenCruelty to die?
    137:9
    Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones
  • Valis
    Valis

eh here's a simple one...the tale of the flood is like the biggest baby whackin, puppy drownin, kitty killin myth I ever heard...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Morgan
    Morgan

Thank-You Frannie, Valis and Avishai for your responses.

I am aware of all these things.(Including the 'ethnic' cleansing). I am questioning if these 'instructions' were given in the Bible.

It is something I don't remember ever reading. Doesn't mean it's not in the scripture. But, as Frannie says...maybe it was an additional rendering, (imagination). But, I would still like to know if it is scriptural or not.

• blondie
  • Deuteronomy 2:34 utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.
  • This was a direction from God to the Israelites to destroy Canaanite children. Most likely it was by the sword rather than dashing their heads into the wall. That way of killing children in the Bible was down by non-Israelites to the Israelite children as a punishment from God.

Either way, children were put to death by the Israelites by God's direction according to Deuteronomy 2:34.

Interestingly, the WTS manages to avoid commenting on this scripture in their publications.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit