Jackson's Body Guards Charged - Pay Attention to this case!!!

by Amazing1914 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

It was reported in the news on FOX today that Michael Jackson's body guards, who were reportedly present at the time he allegedly molested young boys, have also been criminally charged by the police. This is very important, because these allegations go back to the early 1990s. So, if the law then and now holds ancillary parties responsible in a "criminal" charge, then one must wonder if the civil claims being made against the Watchtower could also have criminal charges filed against the Watchtower Society and its chain of command. Stay tuned!!!! - Jim W.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I am well aware of the criminal legal angles, Jim, and so are others with a a legal background. However, the body guards actions are very obvious as they are being accused of being there at the time of the offence. Thus, I suspect mens rea should be easily proven as long as the jury is convinced a crime was committed.

I could be wrong but I suspect the bodyguards would be charged with aiding and abetting in the apparent offence.

Obviously Kim knows way more about this than little old me.

However, with respect to the leadership in the WTS, the Police, if they decide to investigate, would have to use the leadership's own policies and directions to show that they and their agents (eg. elders and COs) were knowingly wreckless and in effect they were "accessories after the fact" in the crime (or offence) since they would have comforted or assisted the accused for the purpose of enabling that accused to escape the crime to keep the congregation "clean". I think this would be a tougher thing to prove but the one nice thing about the WTS is they love to leave a paper trail with more than one copy. What you will need is some very serious interest in the case by either a "U.S Attorney" who works for DOJ or a willingness at the FBI to conduct such an investigation. I have all the confidence in the world this will happen eventually as long as some of these civil cases move through the courts and nail the headquarters of the WTS as well as the congregations or elders.

Take care,

hawk

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WOW you guys!!! The plot thickens........

hugs

Annie

• outnfree
    outnfree

Oh, wow! I hadn't heard about the bodyguards, too! It will be very interesting to see this and the pending JW cases unfold.

Anyone else here intuit that Michael was most likely abused himself during his JW childhood?

outnfree

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I could be wrong but I suspect the bodyguards would be charged with aiding and abetting in the apparent offence.

Dumb Question Guy here.

Wouldn't the same legal principle apply to the Society's two witness rule? I realize that is an ecclesiastical (sp) law, but couldn't an argument be brought forth that having this very rule in place, (the need for people to be present at the time of the abuse) falls under the same legal liability. In other words, would not the WTS itself, possibly be held accountable under the same 'aid and abet' standard? Even moreso if an offender is charged and convicted, could this not also apply (at least under the preponderance of evidence standard in civil court) to WTS?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

In my mind, wrt the WTS leadership, it can't be aiding and abetting. That charge is used against person who actually help or assist the person commit the crime while it is in progress.

I think if it is anything (and believe me I am not convicned), it would have to be that the leadership would be guilty of being "accessories after the fact" in the apparent crime (or apparent offence). In other words the leaders policies knowingly helped protect and hide the offender and allowed the offender to escape from the crime (or offence).

Of course I am not aware of any investigation or charges being laid etc. by law enforcement against the WTS. Like I said before, it has been my experience that the FBI or the DOJ in the USA or other government agencies here in Canada would care less ... as they have a lot of other "priority" (their word not mine) work to do and I don't think law enforcement would give this type of case a "priority" investigation until someone wins a civil trial or two in the USA.

But that's just me.

A good attorney can give you an actual thought on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit