Interesting read, very controversial

by New Castles 18 Replies latest jw friends

• New Castles
    New Castles

No apologies, just wondering if you were ok...not your usual post.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

lol I put it in a rude way, but I have to agree with the statement I made.

Anyways, How you doing??

• New Castles
    New Castles

Good...Im sending you a PM

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

okay...

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Frankly justice is relatively primative in the human consciousness (sort of like beliefs ) - which does not mean it is not necessary of course. But to me the death of Jesus and others just basically brings altruism into the collective consciousness.

Mark (used to be Intro, if anyone is wondering)

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    Third: Jesus saved us, not from our guilt, but by accepting punishment in our place. He took responsibility for us, much as a parent might accept the conviction of a minor child. In Oregon, for example, a parent can go to jail for the crimes of their children. So, this concept does work in human law in some locations. Your theory does not in any way refute the religious theory and concepts found in the Bible.

Okay, but what I can't make sense of is people always say that the death of jesus washes away their guilt, if they accept him.Him accepting punishment in our place, I can't see how that erases the guilt.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Jesus saved us, not from our guilt, but by accepting punishment in our place.

Huh?

• El blanko
    El blanko

We would have to examine the nature of Yahweh again (the defined expression of God towards physical creation) to answer that particular question as to why almighty God would require a blood sacrifice to appease his all-consuming desire for justice.

It is a question that I have raised before with a friend who studies the Kabbalah.

He described the presence of Yahweh as being an all consuming fire that no man can stand before and Christ as a possible 'bucket of water' (which made me smile) to quench that fire. Christ would have to stand before Yahweh to consume the fire of divine justice?

Where the blood-letting comes in to play is hard to say from my own point of view, but within occult ritual blood plays an important role. The nature of blood is fascinating and obviously intrinsic to our physical existence.

Maybe it is perfect higher laws that need to be satisfied that we really have no absolute understanding of and never will?

I really, really don't have an answer.

I have been told on good authority that if you delve into the occult world many aspects of the Bible become clearer, so try looking there maybe. The Kabbalah is an interesting area of research, although I personally have only scratched the surface.

• dh
    dh
    So is god a terrorist?

according to faithless, god is a dj, but i think there are much more descriptive terms for what god is, if god is, but that's another topic.

Re: Random Sacrifice: I think the whole idea of is totally bogus, since nobody asked for it, and it's god decided we need it in the first place, god who had it paid once by jeeh zus and once more when we die and are judged, it's double pay, it's a violation of existence, it's like a master forcing slaves to borrow from him when the master orchestrated the debt in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit