Do some people deserve DFing

by XQsThaiPoes 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

What's the point really? I think DFing is silly and childish and melodramatic, and it's really just a form of bullying. Mature adults can cope with having an unpleasant person around sometimes.

• El blanko
    El blanko

It is natural to seperate a disfunctional element from a group who is proving destructive to the majority. So in some instances it may be necessary to make it known that a certain individual or individuals are conducting themselves in a contrary manner.

BUT - it is then down to an individuals discretion as to how one deals with those publically marked ones, without comeback.

That is where I believe the ruling has failed.

IMO of course.

• stillajwexelder
  • ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

If someone were doing something that had a deterimental effect on life-ie; murder, rape, child abuse-I would be totally FOR shunning that person. In regards to the societal doctrine, I would have to say NO. Smoking, change of faith, and a lot of the other silly matters that the JW's feel they need to outcast and shun a person for I feel is totally Unacceptable, as we see time and time again, it only causes more damage due to family breakups, depression, suicide, and all of the other little "goodies" that come along with this rotten practice.

• kls
    kls

I was told as a dub , that you do bad things because of satan. So you are dfing people for something that is not their fault, and when the governing body lies ,it is all satan. They should be trying to get the demons out of them instead of dfing them , Right

If all jws knew what the other was doing there would be no jws left. By the way who watches the idiots in the Watchtower?

• little witch
    little witch

Let us consider this word. Disfellowship...

Fellow....our comrade...our brother (or sister).

Dis.....to put away....

To put away our brother or sister......

Serious business, and one that I would not undertake. Because we have law that does that for us, laws that judge wrong deeds and seek to make right criminal wrongs.

The jw's attempt to circumvent these laws, to bring them down to a smaller scrutiny. That is unfair and overly-critical IMO.

Ceasars Law judges how a person treats others. jw law tries to impose how god treats you and imposes sanctions on how you are judged by others.

In other words, throughout history man is judged by his actions to other men. The wt tries to judge according to a stricter moralistic code. You will be judged by how receptive you are to a few old farts in Brooklyn USA.

Do people of differing cultures and backgrounds "deserve to be DF'd"? No I don't think so.

The wt appeals to the law but once they get it, they abuse it and change the meaning. They use governmental laws to gain access to recruits, and then deny the rights of the members to use the same empowerment. That is insane!

Does anyone deserve disfellowshiping(tm)? Not on this unlevel playing feild!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit