Useless Facts

by natalienu 16 Replies latest jw friends

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Did you know that the word "lick" sounds exactly like the action? (Say it five times in a row and see what I mean!)

growedup

P.S. Natalie - your pictures aren't coming up. I know you can see them, but no one else can. Here's a great link written by Lady Lee which walks you through how to post your pics:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/24/64466/1.ashx

P.S.S. Is that you in your avatar, or is that a picture of Hillary Duff, or....?

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

The next time the calender will be the same as the year I was born (1968) will be 2024, the year i will be able to retire from my job with a full pension.

• boa
    boa

just for the hell of it, one year in high school I memorized pi to 3.1415926536 except the last digit could be rounded up to 3.1415926537 if we considered the next digit in the series....

boa's useless fact number one.....

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The vampire capital of the united states is Rhode Island.

The only state that is one syllable is Maine.

55% of the population doesn't know that the sun is a star.

You will spend six years of your life sitting at a stop light.

You will walk four miles in making your bed in a lifetime.

L.A. has more cars than people.

The average woman will eat four pounds of lipstick in her lifetime.

(sorry we just had trivia at lunch today so I am full of useless nonsense. I needed to empty!)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

LOL Boa!!

Actually that was one of the trivia questions today too!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    You will spend six years of your life sitting at a stop light.

This intrigued me... so I couldn't help but do some calculations. I think it's bogus.

Let's be generous and include the years that you don't drive. We'll say average life is 80 years. That statement claims you spend 7.5% of your life waiting at a stoplight. That's almost 2 hours per day!! Now if it was "stuck in traffic" instead of "at a stop light" I might believe it... assuming you live in a big city.

You will walk four miles in making your bed in a lifetime.

I think it's much higher than this. Let's guess you walk around your bed only once when making it. (You probably go around a couple times...) I'll underestimate and say there's only 15 or so feet around the bed. 15 feet * 365 days * 80 years = 438,000 feet = 83 miles. Of course we shouldn't count the years of when you're a child but it's still way over 4 miles.

Sigh... I need a life.

• Atilla
    Atilla
    i was baptized on february 29th... haa haaa

Thank goodness, but I honestly have no idea when I was baptized. They always said that was the most important date but I could never even remember it when I was a dub let alone now. As far as useless info. goes, I don't believe in such a thing. I guess call it my thirst for knowlege, but I like to know everything, every little tid bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit