Last Meal...

by FMZ 10 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Well.. I don't want to blow my own trumpet... but...

DAMN I ROCK

I just got done making (and eating) a roast chicken, stuffed with amazing Paxo. I then used the juices remaining from the pot I cooked the chicken in, and made probably almost half a gallon of gravy (what doesnt get used will be frozen). And it was AMAZING.

Anyway, to the point of this post... This meal took me back to England (I promised myself I wouldn't cry ) when my mother used to make a big chicken dinner. Chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, carrots and swede, stuffing, and peas. If I could choose my last meal, that would be it. Simply amazing.

What would you choose as your last meal, and why?

FMZ

edited to add: OK.. I'll be honest and admit I did shed a tear whilst writing this post... takes me back to my family days when I got my fill of chicken, then went and hugged my mother and thanked her for the meal, then went and fell asleep on the couch. Anyway...................................................................... I miss my family.

• desib77
    desib77

I'd have to say turkey & dressing..................there's just something warm and comforting about that meal and to tell you the truth, if it's my last, I will need all the comfort I can get.

Desi

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't think I could come up with a last meal request.

But I just wanted to respond to your post because you're so sweet and I agree, You Rock FMZ.

• FMZ
    FMZ

I think I must be starting my period or something.... I'm just so emotional today... thanks for the post SIACN.

Yes, Desib... Turkey is very good... love the stuff.

FMZ

• kls
    kls

FMZ , is that the chicken my dog brought you that has been buried for a week?

• FMZ
    FMZ

I wondered where it got that certain tanginess...........

FMZ

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

I don't know what I'd want as a last meal, but I'd sure love if you came over and cooked it! Good god man, sounds like you can throw down a mean roast chicken!

• desib77
    desib77

Here ya go FMZ....hope this helps...

Desi

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

That sounds delicious. Yesterday I ate at a Cuban resturant and had half a roasted chicken with the most amazing garlic sauce and mazo I've ever had. Then as I box up my leftovers with visions of heating it up for dinner and once again enjoying one of the best damn chickens I've ever had, I dropped it all over the floor and all the waiters laughed at me. So you story of your chicken is bringing up a sore spot right now.

my last dinner: start off with Edamame (soy beans) and guacamole for appetizers, a tostada with grilled marinated chicken and cilantro sauce, an order of spicy tuna rolls, red potatos and hummus, and a glass of plum wine and saki for desert. I could die a happy woman

• FMZ
    FMZ

hehe, I've hijacked my own thread... sorry FMZ

Maybes... I do try... Again, it's not quite "like momma used to make" tho...

Desib... OK... so where am I supposed to put these? OK.. it's up there... now where is the string?? OHHhhh... these are pain killers??? Umm... can someone gimme a OBGYN's #?

Chevies.... sounds simply amazing... sorry I brought up a sore spot :(

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit