Oh no ... I think I'm addicted to exams !

by Simon 18 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

Congratulations Simon!

I am glad computers make sense to someone. I am still trying to figure out how to clean my mouse!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Knew you could do it !

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    070-291 Implementing, Managing and Maintinaing a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

I just passed this exact test on Friday! I passed 070-290 a couple weeks earlier. I'm working on my 2003 MCSE (I'll stop by and grab an MCSA on the way).

Is it just me or are the 2003 tests more challenging than the NT 4.0 or 2000 tests? I had several questions where you drag and drop screen objects around, work directly with dialog boxes, etc. I scored 100% on the NT 4.0 Server test years ago but definitely didn't ace these ones. I'm not even sure what the max score is... they used to be 1000 but it doesn't say that on the score sheet any more.

• Simon
    Simon
    Send the info for our 16 year old who recently received his HS diploma! (yeah) he wants to grow up and be just like you! lol

What ... a slightly overweight geek who can recite TLAs?

Actually, I think he'd do well - going for the exams does make you concentrate your skills and get something for it.

I just passed this exact test on Friday! I passed 070-290 a couple weeks earlier. I'm working on my 2003 MCSE (I'll stop by and grab an MCSA on the way).

Same here. I already did 70-290 for MCDBA and now just need 70-270 for the MCSA. I plan on doing 293, 294 and 297 for the MCSE.

Is it just me or are the 2003 tests more challenging than the NT 4.0 or 2000 tests? I had several questions where you drag and drop screen objects around, work directly with dialog boxes, etc. I scored 100% on the NT 4.0 Server test years ago but definitely didn't ace these ones. I'm not even sure what the max score is... they used to be 1000 but it doesn't say that on the score sheet any more.

I didn;t do the NT 4.0 ones but from all I've heard (from people who did) yes, they are more challenging. Part of it may be all the extra stuff in 2003 that just wasn't there in NT 4.0 but I think the exams are a bit better now too.

I can't make out the score sheets - I got ~800 on the last one with the pass mark at 700 but all the bars on the results were over to the right so I don't know where I dropped points.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Do you just learn the stuff on your own via books or do you take courses at the Uni?

• Simon
    Simon

I use the books (MS Study Guides), hands-on experience and Transcender trial exams to prepare for the real thing.

It's expensive enough as it is - I cant afford the week long training courses for it !

• codeblue
    codeblue

Way to go Simon!!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Same here. I already did 70-290 for MCDBA and now just need 70-270 for the MCSA. I plan on doing 293, 294 and 297 for the MCSE.

Yep, I'm taking 270 next as well, then an elective (probably Exchange 2003). That will get me my MCSA. Then I'm doing exactly what you are to complete the MCSE... 293, 294, and 297.

I didn;t do the NT 4.0 ones but from all I've heard (from people who did) yes, they are more challenging. Part of it may be all the extra stuff in 2003 that just wasn't there in NT 4.0 but I think the exams are a bit better now too.

I think it's cause the tests are better. 2000 is not much different from 2003 and the test wasn't as difficult.

I can't make out the score sheets - I got ~800 on the last one with the pass mark at 700 but all the bars on the results were over to the right so I don't know where I dropped points.
    Damn...I only got 751 on the 291 exam!
  • drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Do you just learn the stuff on your own via books or do you take courses at the Uni?

In my case it's all hands-on experience. I use the Exam Cram books to study for the exams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit