No Visit of Encouragement

by CaptK 16 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptK
    CaptK

Greetings to All

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. I am currently disfellowshiped but attending the Sunday meetings at the Kingdom Hall. I live with my mother who is in her late 70's and has been a witness for over 50 years. Recently, during the last year, she has had health problems and has not been able to make the meetings until last month when the weather turned better. Last Saturday she was sitting in her living room chair and noticed a car group of witnesses was out doing door to door work on the street. She notices who they are as they approch the neighbor's door. It was Elder XXX with his partner from the Kingdom Hall. She procedes to the front door to open it expecting an encouraging visit, but they walk right by to the next neighbor's house both of which are not interested. She was very dis-couraged and felt that this was a direct snub as she says "they could of spent 5 minutes of time" asking me how I was and such. My question is there an un-written rule that a witness will not stop if there is a disfellowshiped person in the house. Was it from me or is this just a lack of appreciation for a longtime witness because you cannot count time on "encouragement visits". I live upstairs so the elder would not even have to worry if he has to run into a "disfellowshiped person" She is perplexed and wonder where is all this "Love" that is suppose to be there. Why do they spend so much time with people on the outside that could care less and will not give lifetime members 5 minites of encouragement. She was going to write a letter to the WT society over this incident because it upset her so much. Any answers to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks CaptK

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

No ... it wasn't because of you. They were just being plain rude. I have seen this happen before ... when someone gets too old to attend, they are just forgotten. It even happened to my grandmother ... a loyal witness for 50+ years. She went into the nursing and still wanted to attend meetings ... they helped her out for the first few months. After that ... no one even came by to see her.

• gespro
    gespro

A welcome to BOTH of you to the JWD Forum. I'm glad you're here!

The lack of love is simply amazing...and depressing, coming from these so-called wannabe servants. .

BUT, the fruitages of the spirit are not going to be found where the Christ's love isn't. So, I am no longer suprised when hearing mistreatment from these so-called friends.

My heart goes out to your families for having to be subjected to these people. We try so hard to do what we're taught by the Borg and still get kicked in the teeth. After all of these years, I've finally let go of this abusive 'cult.' And it broke my heart to admit to myself [after decades] that this is nothing but a cult.

g

• Carmel
    Carmel

If she's not out "selling" (why they call it publishing I'll never know) then she is worthless. Kind of like at university, "Publish or perish".

Don't you get it? Your value to the cong is only in your active selling, not anything else. If you quit doing your share of selling you become spiritual cannon fodder. That is where you and your mother are. Dead wood fit for the fire!

Sorry, but it's time for a wake up call my friend.

carme;l

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Was it from me or is this just a lack of appreciation for a longtime witness because you cannot count time on "encouragement visits"

It could very well be both. The lack of appreciation and love for your mother was covered over by the lame excuse that you are living there, a df'd brother.

I am sad to hear about what you are going through.

Corvin

• |3i|3lE
    |3i|3lE

CapK:

No CapK, there is not a problem for an elder to visit your home be it for your grandmother, for you, or for both. I'm truly sorry that your grandmother feels the way she does and yes I'm sure that you too feel dissappointed over this incident as well. As it is true, for the elder to have brought another person, prehaps not as mature or "solid in the faith", that he was working with would have likely bothered his concience, he should have taken the time prehaps afterwards or maybe at another time when he and another qualified brother could come over to encourage you and her. I see that you are still going to Sunday meetings? Have you attended the Memorial this year also may I ask? May I also ask for what reason and for how long have you been dissfellowhipped for? Both my mother and also my brother are dissfellowshipped for their own reasons and they both harbour attitudes that could stumble others in the congregation; however, they both still want to come back and serve Jehovah as well and both are making progress so that they can come back as soon as possible. I can't help you to understand the failings and imperfections of others to show real genuine heartfelt consideration for those that are week or ailing, and you will find here plenty of reasons to quit alltogether associating yourself with JW's.

I fully understand your pain and sorrow being someone that has gone through much in order to worship the only true God. Prehaps a scripture? Romans 8: 38,39. When you read that to yourself or to your grandmother or in praire, don't just read it but meditate on it. This scripture will asses your heartcondition and you should be able to tell much from your emotional reaction when you read this scripture to Jehovah. As we are so close to the end there is so much that can deter us from our ultimate goal of everlasting life. Please make the Truth your own, and don't let other people, or anything for that matter, dictate or alter the feeling you had when you first were baptised and the conviction that you had to never leave Jehovah's side. I am only here to bring a sense of balance for those such as yourself... Give your grandmother my warmest love and tell her that however alone she might feel at times and whatever injustices that might have befallen her from, somtimes the people that you wouldn't expect, Jehovah will never leave or forget her. Heb 6:10,. and although it doesn't seem like it at times he is watching those that govern his flock. Remember Jehovah is the ultimate Judge and he can decide upon all things being able to discern our real intenstions and motivations from our heart. Prov. 29:14, Jer 17:10. Also it is impossible for us to know Jehovah's mind on matters at times and we have to put our trust in his unsearchable judgements in order for us to continue to worship him despite these pitfalls within the congregation. Rom 11:33-36.

• anglise
    anglise

All I can say is the elder "took the lead" in what happened.

Even if others wanted to stop they would have felt disobediant in doing so.

Another factor which has been touched on is that they where all out counting hours (field service) and any deviation from this detracts from the FS report. I have seen this happen many times in the past.

All of the above happens complicently and without anything being said. A good JW just knows what to do to keep in line.

Having said this I doubt if there was any personal bad feeling against your mother, but business is business and the org comes FIRST.

Just another example of the borg in action.

Anglise

• Maverick
    Maverick

I3i I3lE used a lot of words but did not say much. And where is Jesus in all of this? Jesus set the example and is the means by which all with get to know the True God. All I saw was Jehovah this and Jehovah that. The WTS has little to do with the True God and even less to do with Jesus. If Jesus was at your neighbors door what would he have done knowing you and your Mom lived next door? The Elders are just office/sales managers in a book publishing company using religion and free labor to cheat the government. Maverick

• El blanko
    El blanko

Why can't they out of love go and visit an elderly sister. Oh yes, I forgot - it is more important to push information at people who aren't interested than attend to the existing flock!

|3i|3lE - oh dear - put your brain into gear and realize that your precious organization is not all that it is cracked up to be. If the elders are truly spirit directed, then why would Jehovah's spirit not guide one of his chosen to that old lady to encourage her? It is not exactly a good witness to anybody here to have a former member feel so low as to post on an 'apostate' site about this matter.

Also, if the poor brothers couldn't bare facing a Df'd person, then that is frankly their own problem and they could have chosen to slip away and allow the mature Christian taking the lead to make his own choice whether to visit one of the faithful or not. Utter garbage, stop trying to defend a case that has no real defense.

• neyank
    neyank

As Maverick said:

"The Elders are just office/sales managers in a book publishing company using religion and free labor to cheat the government."

That's it in a nut shell.

Why don't they spend more time or actually any time teaching what Jesus taught as far as the fruits of the spirit?

Taking care of the elderly,feeding the hungry, helping the poor,ect...ect....?

Because there is no money to be made in doing these things. That is why.

The WTS really shouldn't even be clasified as a Christian denomination.

It is just a business. A book selling bussiness. They have free labor so there is no cost for them there. They have their own free labor purchasing their publications that the labor helped produce for free so there is a large profit for the WTS in that area.

They get their free labor to feel guilty if they don't donate more and more money as well as leave their money and material goods to the WTS upon their death so they get more and more financial gain in that respect.

Ok. The WTS says preaching is a comandment that must be done.

What about their publications can be considered preaching about God when the info found in them gets changed every few years?

So they realy aren't preaching any truths about God.

So the free labor is giving everything they have including their lives to a book publishing company that can care less about them if they aren't out selling WTS publications.

neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit