Who's Empty?

by HadEnuf 8 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I feel sorry for that Empty dude who is always alone in chat. He must enjoy talking to himself....hmmm...kind of like ME!

Cathy L.

(Well...I felt the need to start a topic and I was floundering here so don't think I'm too crazy)

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

In the West Mids, England, an 'empty' is a colloquial term for a single mother desperate for a man to marry. They are easy pick-ups (so I have been told).

That's why I always find that funny : In Chat : empty. They will go to any lengths to pull.

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

I go in by myself.....throw the ball around and watch it bounce off the walls.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

That's a good one Wallflower! It's always good to know what certain terms mean in another country. I'm glad someone else here finds it amusing about Empty. MicStroz...hmmm...I did wonder what people do in there for entertainment when no one else is there. I hope you leave the soccer ball in there for other people to use.

Cathy L.

• Special K
    Special K

You made me look. You made me look. Got me didn't you.

sincerely

Special K

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I've gone into chat by myself to sing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall". There's a nice echo in there when you have it all to yourself.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Ha...If I just made one person look it would make me a happy gal! Anything to get some attention around here Special K!

I haven't sang (or is it sung) 99 bottles of beer since my 5th grade field trip to Wisconsin Dells. Thanks for the memories Dan-O.

Okay...I have a confession to make. I think I have only wandered into chat once myself. I couldn't understand what everyone was talking about so I made a hasty exit. Yes...I am ashamed to admit this. But it is true. Chatty Cathy does not apply to me in the chat room.

Cathy L.

• Sassy
    Sassy

he really does do that.. sing the 99 bottles of beer...........

I've gone into chat and 'witnessed it!"

• Concerned Mom
    Concerned Mom

I am new here. Never been a JW or have any intentions of becoming one, but I feel empty right now, so I thought maybe some one out there would read this and could relate. I am a mom of four, all being sent to christian school, stay at home mom, and blessed to be one, very supportive husband. One of our children, is going to marry a JW. My heart is breaking at the change I see in him. The person who he is marrying has lied about so many things in the last four years of dating our son. He has been made aware of these lies and still stays with her. He is such a loving and caring person, was always there for family functions, but not now. Doesn't want birthday cards anymore, wasn't around for Christmas and Easter, didn't call me on New Year's to wish me a Happy New Year. I know all these things are not important, just stuff I am used too. As he tells me now they are pagan holidays. To me his birth is a day for me as his mom to remember. The day God put that precious little boy in my arms. Unreal to me, such a change. We have been back and forth about so many things, one being the Trinity, where he is going when he dies and why, so many things he has been taught growing up attending Sunday School and Church, AWANA, Christian Brigade he is convinced now are not true.

If anyone else has been through this with a child. He really is a grown man, 25 years old. Could you please tell me how you handled this. I am on my knees so much more now. Thanks for listening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit