Does anyone know what the special talk was today?

by kls 16 Replies latest social current

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Sounds like they were trying to sucker people in with the SPECIAL crap .

Bingo!

Thanks i thought the end was comming again.

LOL!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Old timers like me will remember the unveiling of the newest piece of literature. The boxes were all lined up sealed and guarded by pimple faced adolescents in too short pants who could walk 30 miles an hour and never break into a run.

I remember the special tract with the special message delivered to the printers from God by special messenger and introduced to us at a special meeting to be distributed at a special distribution day. When I looked at the tract, it was the same tract we had last year with the special message delivered to the printers from God by special messenger and introduced to us at a special meeting to be distributed at a special distribution day, with a different title.

The end is near, don't go to college, we are not inspired. GaryB

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I thought the Special Talk was always about, "Hey youse guys & gals...we gotta offer ya' can't refuse..." "Know what ah' mean...?"

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

It was just like every other public talk you've ever heard and wish you hadn't.

Syrup

• wednesday
    wednesday

It is special b/c it the talk, is being delivered to all cong of JWS earthwide. that is what is special about it. I has always ben like that, ner the memorial there is a Special talk. Nothing new, just that all jws are hearing the same message at the Talk today. YAWN.........

u crack me up Gary.....lol

• Friggers
    Friggers

My dad was the one who gave the talk in our congregation. He's a good public talker so it was pretty enjoyable to listen to the talk, although it was the same old crap again.

After the talk he told me and my husband how hard it was for him to make the talk. He told me the outline didn't fit his style of thinking at all (and his style of thinking is very logical) so he made some changes into the talk, although he shouldn't have done that. He also showed me the the last few sentences in the outline and lauhed at the utter pathos himself, too.

Maybe that's what makes him a good speaker - he changes the talks enough to actually sound a little more reasonable.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome to the forum Friggers!

Anyway, yeah, the only thing special about the special talk is that everyone around the world is hearing the same damn thing on the same damn day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit