The colour of grey

by beaker 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• beaker
    beaker

G,day all from sydney

I've been dropping in to the board since being d'fd a month ago and have been very encouraged by the posts and they way everyone has been able to move on since leaving the collective.

Being a 5th generation, it was always very hard for me to imagine life life outside the Truman show bubble. Having a huge extended family who are all believers means that i now have virtually nil social contacts.

Soon to be divorced, the only contact i have with my past life is weekend visits from my 7 year old boy and 9 year old girl. Even that may change as their mother now insists they go to every Sunday meeting. The court is going to have to sort that one out.

Three years ago i was d'fd. I did the hard road and got back in but the treatment i received from the elders brought on major depression, my wife leaving me and then being hospitalised. After being discharged from hospital an overdose the next day saw me in intensive care for a week. I woke up with the elders at my bedside. Back to hospital. Three weeks later those same elders d'fd me.

What might seem like a sad story is not that bad though. I now see things differently.The words below are from a song that i wrote when i realised that there is a better life. These word best explain how i now feel. I hope they can encourage someone else.

I grew up all my life believing things were black and white

The deeds we do and words we say were either wrong or right

Decisions were so easy though the reasons were not clear

And the consequences held for me an ever-present fear

I lived my life compelled to freely share what I?d received

Devoted to my mission and respect that I?d achieved

By helping others find the way regardless of the cost

But could I point the way for them when I was just as lost

The world is grey , but grey is good

When black and white merge to reveal that choices really should

Reflect that we as people have emotion in our heart

I?ve finally found the freedom that kept black and white apart

The time had come to question all the things I thought I knew

The words were pleasant to the ears but were they really true?

While searching for the reason for my anguish and despair

I found the man inside of me I didn?t know was there

But even grey has come to me as ordinary fare

I didn?t realize that there was even more out there

The ring of truth has sounded and it?s meaning has unfurled

Revealing unmistakably the colours of the world

The world is grey, but grey is good

When black and white merge to reveal that choices really should

Reflect that we as people have emotion in our heart

But colour in my life now means I have a brand new start

Thanks everyone

Beaker

• FMZ
    FMZ

Wow... that is simply beautiful... I am amazed at how it exactly describes how I felt after leaving the organization.

FMZ

• RR
    RR
    I've been dropping in to the board since being d'fd a month ago and have been very encouraged by the posts and they way everyone has been able to move on since leaving the collective.

"move on"? You call this moving on? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I like it! That was CMYoK. Spot (colour) on! *groan*

Sounds like you are finding out things at about the same time in life that I did. Congratulations.

My only advice going forward is not to set time goals for "getting over it". Attitude is everything. If someone tells you it will take five years before you are "past" the pain/trauma/bad habits/thinking, etc., and you can find a way to be over it in 5 weeks, do it in 5 weeks. Conversly, don't beat yourself up about still thinking about things and comparing things, to/from a witness perspective (as long as you're aware). It's all part of the journey, the important thing is to enjoy that journey.

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

Thats a really beautiful poem! Thanx for sharing it with us

C.C

• Sassy
    Sassy

Awesome words! I can so totally relate to what you wrote.

I'm sorry about what you have gone through. Our roads haven't been easy.. but thankfully there are others on this road ahead of us that do show is there is life outside the JW world..

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

What a fantastic song!! Is there music to go with it? You have so eloquently written my feelings and I would imagine the feelings of many others. May you find many good friends out there "in the world." They are there, just waiting for you.

Free

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

beaker, how lovely. And oh my goodness, 5th generation!

Talk about breaking free - good job, and I'm really glad you had the strength of will to do it. No more blind eyes and concrete heart for you!

Welcome aboard.

• Simon
    Simon

Hope everything goes ok beaker - it's traumatic leaving but it really does get better with time.

Hope you enjoy your visit here - the peer support and sharing with people who understand (cause they have been through it) is very helpful.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's so sad to read about the disgraceful way you got treated by the JW organisation it shows once more how profoundly lacking in the qualities of christian love and compassion they are, always so legalistic in their approach, putting burdens on people and doing nothing to help them. The words brother and sister when used by them are empty.

They are not nearly as good as they claim to be neither is the rest of the world as evil as they make it out.The much despised wordly people have constitutions and police forces that also greatly benefit the JWs by protecting their personal freedoms, rights, and security. Would they prefer to live under a nazi political system? But they are playing fast and loose with their members rights for free expression and dissent from official ideology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit