M.S visit last night (a bit long)

by baysixforme 20 Replies latest jw friends

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

I arrived home after work last night, my two daughters were away on a residential course, my son staying with a friend. I was preparing a meal with my four year old when the phone rang.

The call was from a ministerial servant from my old congregation. At the point of recognising his voice I began wondering why the hell I hadn't left the answerphone on! Anyway, I had already picked up and the conversation went on. I remember feeling a bit miffed as to why he would ring me as it seemed so much out of the blue. I had had no invite to the memorial yet I guess that was due to the response that was given to the last JWs that visited me.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/58007/1.ashx

Long story short....this guy was the only member that offered any help whatsoever when my family and I were having difficulties, (and that was severely limited as he was oviously only doing what his concience dictated and not what was deemed to be ok with the JWs)! I realise during the conversation that he is one of a kind. Although we have not spoken for some time, I feel a connection and detect an emotion of concern within his voice.

He wants to come around and visit me, I agree. Two hours later he is on my doorstep.

The conversation flows from who is regularly pioneering these days to who is considered as 'bad association'. I listen with morbid interest as the demise of those that once despised my so-called success in 'the ministry' is unfolded to my apostate ears!

With great curiosity, I hear about those that caused me and my family so much pain and the circumstances that have caused them to be relgated to the ranks of being 'marked'.

In a sense I feel vindicated, (to coin a phrase) and on the other hand I wanted to yell I TOLD YOU SO! I knew those bastards that sided with my then abusive husband were totally out of order. I knew that they were wrong in giving him support. I knew that they were not willing or did they even dare to believe what was really happening, it was all to much for them to comprehend, let alone deal with!

What I am now left with is this... Why the hell did he bother to get in touch with me? What makes a person to make a move in this way? As we all know, JWs are not the type to eat humble pie, they usually always have an answer for everything, (and an excuse)!

Is there some new policy that has been put into place? Are there new instructions as to how to deal with 'fade-aways'? (Please forgive me for my paranoia, it's my indoctrination you see!)

I'd be greatful for any input or thoughts on this matter.

Yours,

Bay64me.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

He's a man, you're a woman?

• Soledad
    Soledad

ok. it could be he has ulterior motives, such as wanting to elicit some info on you to then report it to the elders, resulting in a JC and a DA. Or, he's sitting on the fence and is trying to see how things look like on the non-JW side. Or he could be interested in you.

• Beans
    Beans

Must be the campaign to get old members back we heard about or he misses you!

http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I think he's trying to save a "lost sheep"

But then, it seems strange for a male JW to visit a female without his backup.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

This guy may really care, or as Solidad suggested he may have an ulterior motive. When it comes to witnesses my cynical side flares up and I may have problems looking at things rationally. One way to handle the situation is to hit him head on, ask him what he is trying to accomplish, and why. He may give you the same bs the elder did in the thread you referred us to, or he may tell you something else entirely. Either way, I'm betting you can handle the situation. Bug

• toreador
    toreador

Every once in a while you run into a really caring dub who will do a little extra. Most of the time they are scared witless/shitless (take your pick) of talking with anyone who may make them feel uncomfortable in the least bit.

Tor

• Odrade
    Odrade

maybe he has a real conscience and it's starting to prick him, maybe he will end up here someday...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I vote also that it's his conscience.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Maybe he was just genuinely concerned and trying to lend a hand.

Be well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit