Gave up studying with them!!

by natalienu 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• natalienu
    natalienu

I recently gave up studying with the witnesses after they told me off for going sailing with my family! What a crock!

I said it was the easter long weekend and I needed to get away for a few days on the boat. In reply I was told that Satan obviously had a grip on me still and it would e better if I put my faith in God and attended the Sunday meeting instead of sailing. I told them God is everywhere not just in their halls and that am sure god will enjoy being out on the boat with me. I was then told I was not putting my heart into it. I decided right there and then that if they were going to stop me from doing what I love, then they can keep their crappy little religion. Naturally, once I told all the friends I had made in the congregation, they have all stopped talking to me!

Am glad I got out while I still could, although I am now friendless, I am happy to have the love of my family back and a great relationship with them.

I would rather have no friends in my life than have false people. The witnesses can go to hell. Hehehehe!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Better to get out now! As you can see friendship in the congregation is just conditional any way. Most of us wish we could have gotten out long before we did.

Welcome to JWD by the way..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Congratulations on waking up much more quickly than most!

• Satanus
    Satanus

nata

once I told all the friends I had made in the congregation, they have all stopped talking to me!

Disfellowshipped before you even really got started. Good for you.

'Sailing, takes me away, to where i always want to be', is what chriss cross says. Sometimes people find god in nature. Sunsets sometimes do it for me. Here is a recent thread on god: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/70232/1.ashx

SS

• simplesally
    simplesally

Sorry you have to go thru this. You'd think they would still want you to be in their grip fold and be nice to you.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi nat....and welcome!

I told them God is everywhere not just in their halls and that am sure god will enjoy being out on the boat with me. ......... I decided right there and then that if they were going to stop me from doing what I love, then they can keep their crappy little religion.

Which is why you would never make a good witness........you speak your mind regardless what they think. People like you never become dubs..........only us poor, insecure, naive, overtrusting, dumb bastards do.

Good for you You don't need friends who think the way they do......trust me, they can ruin your life if you let them.

Gumheathen

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Gumby is correct. You wouldn't have made a good witness.

They showed their true colors to you early in the game - Perhaps you should send a "Thank you" card.

• natalienu
    natalienu

Good idea Lover Of Truth - I may just do that to be a smart ass!!!

hehehehe!

Am so glad it was only a year of my life wasted, not like some people who waste their whole lives.

If everyone just tried their best to be a good person then the world would be a better place, then there would be no need for religion at all.

• zigthink
    zigthink

A post like the one starting this thread is enough to warm the cockles of any ex dubs heart.

You made the right decision early.If only id done the same. I couldve saved years and a lot of pain and guilt.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    I told them God is everywhere not just in their halls and that am sure god will enjoy being out on the boat with me. I was then told I was not putting my heart into it.

I decided right there and then that if they were going to stop me from doing what I love, then they can keep their crappy little religion.

*Standing, Clapping and Cheering...*

That was great! AND the some of the truest words I have ever read.

The real 'Truth' is so beautiful and simple. Congrats on finding it!

-LisaBOBeesa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit