property tax and the home bible study

by heathen 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I would have thought that there would be these blue ghosts that flew around and melted everyones face who "looked into the light"! What a letdown.

• RR
    RR

Mustang, no one knows what happened. The Bible Students have been taking care of the site for the years. However, the Society apparently have the "legal rights", after all, Russell was the founder of the Society, and the pyramid does have the Watchtower name on it, so with those "proofs" they were able to gain access to it. Apparently when they researched for the proclaimers books, they came along this tidbit of information about the "treasures" inside.

A Bible Student friend of mine who grew up in the Pittsburgh area and who attended meetings as a young boy at the Old Bible House on Arch Street (torn down in the late 1950s) drove by the cemetary while visiting his mother, and he saw the pyramid open, one of the side slabs leaning against the other side. he called up his buddy who worked at the cemetary and he was told teh Society came by and opened up the pyramid, asked if they found anything he said, "nothing but dust."

Anyone with the 1919 convention report would have known of the artifacts inside. Who knows someone took it, then again, knowing Rutherford, who knows if he actually put anything in there! :)

RR

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Maybe they opened it and took the stuff out, but said there was nothing in it.

• RR
    RR

NO the caretaker was there, nothing but a dirt floor inside

• mustang
    mustang

?Each slope of the pyramid will face one of the large lots, and on each of these slopes is cut in four-inch embossment a Teacher?s Bible, on the pages of which will appear the names of the ones buried there. The burial space for Brother Rutherford was indicated and his name, like that of Brother Russell, will be at the top of opposite Bible pages.?

?Mustang, there is no evidence that this was Russell's wish, this was the brain storm of J.F. Rutherford, and it took a few years after Russell died to build it and a few more years for Rutherford to denounce it!?

So, all the leaders were to be buried there, da Judge had this ?unique? thing built, then stabs Russell in the back?

In a moment of irreverent levity, I thought: So, where?s da Judge planted? Dig him up and put him in a booze-bottle shaped mausoleum downhill of Russell. They deserve each other!!!!

But back to reality and I say: Thanks, RR & VM; this is truly an amazing story. It deserves a book.

Mustang

PS: any more twists, strange or not?

• RR
    RR

Interestingly, there is no evidence that Rutherford's name appear anywhere on that pyramid. I've been there several tims, and his name appears nowhere. The property was to be a bethel plot for those who served at the Bible house in Allegheny/Pittsburgh. A few Bible Students are buried there, including Russell's sister, Margaret. But her tombstone is no longer there, it was destroyed by age and weather.

RR

• heathen
    heathen

I did try to change the name of the thead to include the Russel pyramid but no luck .

OK , so nobody knows for sure if the jw or any other religion uses their home and gets tax credit .

LMAO @ the concept of russels headstone being like the ark of the covenant in raiders of the lost ark . I guess we are to assume that russel returned to earth just to retrieve some profound publications to incase in the arc of the covenant that is in heaven .

• Flash
    Flash

The Tax write-off sounds like it might be partialy right, but knowing the IRS you would have a tough sell on your hands.

My apologies, if we are hijacking the thread, but this is just too interesting

IT IS! I had NO idea that Russell was under a Pyramid! That is too much!!!!

• heathen
    heathen

I just always thought it strange that people would have the congregation book study in their home . The personal home study is one thing but the congregation book study sounds like something that needs to take place at the KH.

That is a pretty freaky looking head stone . with a mysterious secrete panel even . LMAO .

• Flash
    Flash
    ...the congregation book study sounds like something that needs to take place at the KH.

I agree, the 'ever ready' stance of always being prepared for when the Trib. shuts down the KH's, I always thought was extreme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit