Court grants divorce to husband of JW in Korea, makes her pay !!

by Gopher 13 Replies latest social current

• Gopher
    Gopher

It's about time. He even got the boy! Good for him.

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/Engnews/20040414/300100000020040414102150E6.html

Court Grants Divorce to Husband of Jehovah's Witness

SEOUL, April 14 (Yonhap) -- The Seoul Family Court on Wednesday ruled in favor of a husband who sought a divorce, saying his wife's religious zeal and uncompromising attitude ruined their marriage.

Kim Yeong-taek, 35, was granted a divorce and custody of their three-year-old son. His wife, a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses, must also pay legal costs.

• Valis
    Valis

Good for him!

• kls
    kls

Wonderful news, now that child will have a real life like every child deserves.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Love it...Not much of a write up in the link

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if the WTS will help her with legal costs?

(see how they run! see how they run!)

Love, Scully

• Sassy
    Sassy

Wow.. this is really something!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Scully asks:

I wonder if the WTS will help her with legal costs?

She made her own choice to be SO ZEALOUS! It's not like she heard any counsel to do "more, more, more" at the meetings and conventions.

The WTS obviously does not advocate such zeal to the point where it ruins families.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Good! If people want to exercise their religious freedom, government should enforce that they can't make everyone else pay for it.

AlanF

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

it's about time!! A child has been saved from their cluthes and hopefully will have a chance to have a normal childhood.

• shamus
    shamus

Well, I sure hope that this wakes this woman up to her unbalanced beliefs. It is very good to hear news stories like this, although the woman is probably going through hell.

I hope that the nitwit community takes note in Korea, at least.

Good for the judge for having such foresight!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit