I wasn't going to post this here but.....

by RevMalk 24 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Big

BIG

CONGRATS!!!!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Congradulations RevMalK!

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

"Would it be Scripturally proper for them to now marry and to begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the Scripture...It will be far better to be unhampered and without burdens, that they may do the Lord's will now, as the Lord commands, and also be without hindrance during Armageddon. Those Jonadabs who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone..." (1938, Face The Facts p. 47)

Be careful, after all the "faithful slave" recommends against it, and we all know the "slave" is never wrong.

This quote is so pathetic considering that my parent's were born after this "scriptural counsel" was given by the "slave."

If a person would have had a child in 1938 (when the above statement was made) that child would have been 20 in 1958. If that child would have had a child in 1958 then his child would have been 20 in 1978. Had that child had a child when he was 20 then that kid would have been 20 in 1998. In other words the person back in 1938 could have been a great- great grandparent and still the end would not have come. The person born in 1978 could have had a kid by now and that would make the first guy a great- great- great grandparent! That's five generations that potentially could have passed since the time of this WTS prediction.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the worm is a reward. . . Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; they shall not be ashamed, but shall speak with their enemies in the gate." Psalm 127: 3, 5

Congratulations on your from the Lord!!!!

• boa
    boa

CONGRATULATIONS!
    ALL THE BEST!

AWESOME!

boa....who is getting snipped in a couple of weeks - 2 kids and the wife threatens dire consequences if she gets the Egyptian Flu one more time...awwww.....sigh......

• Angharad
    Angharad

Congratulations Rev & Mrs Rev

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Woohoo.

Congrats, pal!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Congrats to your family Rev

Ummmm I hope this is not really in the Bible

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the worm is a reward. . .

sorry zugzwang but that just got me lol
  • RevMalk
    RevMalk

Thanks everyone, we're all very very happy :)

• Golf
    Golf

Ah, there is life in you after all! Congrad's to both of you.

Guest 77

• blondie
    blondie

Congratulations, to another 20 year project. You're a brave man (and your wife a brave woman) with much love in your hearts.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit