Looooong Prayers!

by BigJ 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Scully:

heheheh. What do you mean the parade of ethnic brothers at the concluding song? You struck a chord there with me, but I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. Seems I remember, vaguely, something about this.

CG

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

When I was a kid, we had our conventions at the race track.....

In my head I can still hear the prays echoing down the halls.

Our, our, our, heavenly, heaveny, heavenly, father, father, father, Jehovah,

Jehovah, Jehovah....................

Got the Looooong prayers over and over and over............

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

There's a brother in the hall that whenever they send him to make the prayer, if I happen to have heels on I take them off because it'll be that long!!!

DY

• onacruse
    onacruse

Blondie, LOL

Were you one of the young ladies that "caught my eye" as I walked the concourse past the oleanders?? (of the "then pubescent" class)

And yes, it was Knorr who gave that speech prayer. But I also saw a teenager go up to the stage and ask Freddie for an autograph on a new release...I remember how embarrassed I felt for that young fellow, when F almost slammed him off the platform.

Craig

• blondie
    blondie
    Were you one of the young ladies that "caught my eye" as I walked the concourse past the oleanders??

I doubt it. I was not a troller then or later. I wasn't allowed to walk the concourse. I remember the sawhorses and the pipes with bubbling water because there weren't enough water fountains and it was sooooooooo hot during the day (and sooooo cold at night). We took 2 days and went sight seeing missing the "food" that day.

So it was Knorr; Franz had a squeaky voice. As I said we had left the building and we on our way home.

Blondie

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

LOL ? this has brought back so many memories!!!

I remember ?? and this is really embarrassing ???..

I was about 9 years old and we were at the district assembly. I was at the age where my mum thought that I could control my bladder in time with the breaks ? a mistake any witness mum could make! It was final prayer time and the elder was making a real meal of it. It went on and on and on.

So as I danced about pleading to go to the toilet she kept saying sh sh you can go in a minute - well my bladder had other ideas and I pee?d myself - realising what was happening she felt terrible and let me go ? I kept trying to hold on to it but I pee?d all the way to the toilet ? had no idea your bladder could hold that much!!!

I left a nice wet trail all the way behind me!

I never had to stand through another long prayer again ? I just asked for the toilet and I got freedom right away!

L

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I think the wee scots lass might be talking about Bro Owler who's final prayer of the assembly went on for ages, it was shocking. I mean how many things was the guy thankful for and not onlt that he recapped on every talk that had taken place over the past 31/2 days as we say up here, "murder polis"

Did anyone have a bro say at the end "and from the heart of our bottoms" instead of "bottom of our hearts" we did man what a laugh that was.

BM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit