NIV vs NWT

by azaria 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    1. Wrong! ALL men living at the time of Jeus were more in the dark of him than they are now accept for those in that area. Do you honestly believe ALL men had "heard of christ" during his time on earth?

The offer of "grace" was to all. Those who had "law" knew of their need of it, and it led their minds (Gal.3:24). Those who had consciences (Rom.2:15) had need of it. It doesn't take much pondering to realise, given these things, that stark justice is not sufficient.

Further, if Christ is "the way, the truth and the life" (John 14:6) then would that mean that seekers and lovers of "truth" found their need of him, regardless of knowing that specific name (which incidentally was more likely "YahShuah", than the Greek derivative)?

2. Name ONE time god has used an angel in modern times to preach to someone. Just one.

Ermm... ~raises hand~

3.Name one time a stone has preached to someone in modern times.....or any other time.

Well given that the law was first of all written on stone, and also on even the stoniest of hearts...

4.Name one time god has done this in modern times. Just one.

~keeps hand raised...~

• FMZ
    FMZ

OK, brother Toe, we'd like to hear your answer... <waits for microphone to get to brother>

FMZ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"Jehovah".

~hands mic back to brother FMZ...~
    ~mutters under his breath "How come HE gets to do the mics??"~

• FMZ
    FMZ

Personally I prefer the NASB, it is a great Bible. Much less wordy etc. I don't concentrate on the Bible too much these days. I am not sure I trust the translators. What do you think of the translators LittleToe?

FMZ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...but, but, but.. he IS an apostate heathen b*st*rd!!!

But enough of that, we've hijacked the tread enough!

• FMZ
    FMZ

Such language! I'm not sure what you are talking about LittleToe.

Polite Futher Mucker

• FMZ
    FMZ

My apologies to one and all for inciting such a rude response from our good friend LT. Carry on as you were.

FMZ

(Disclaimer: We had originally hijacked this thread and LT's b*st*rd statement was referring to something completely different. I just thought I'd bring it back in line and have some fun at the same time )

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I have to say I disa...

Actually, I just wanted to give thuis URL out;

http://bible.gospelcom.net/

Nice little collection of online Bibles, different search methods, able to swap between translations quickly.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

And allow me to further hijack the thread by giving out the URL for this very neat (and FREE) program, which allows you to quickly access a whole bunch of translations, commentaries, dictionaries, maps etc. You can do a great amount of comparison and research with only a few clicks. The downside is that some of the more popular translations are either not available (like the NIV) or are available only at a cost (like $20 each for the NASB and Amplified Bibles). But after seeing what this program can do, I had no problem ponying up a few bucks to add the NASB module. Anyway, check it out:

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

• FMZ
    FMZ

I have used E-Sword for quite some time. It really is a great application. Highly recommended

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit