Did the second-class status of JW women ever bother you? Does it now?

by True North 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I'm grateful for some of those differences, though.

LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes it did bother me and yes it still does

• Sassy
    Sassy

I realized after my second marraige how second class women really are. I had kicked my 2nd husband out of the house because of his lies and even more so mental abuse to the point I was near suicidal. He contacted the elders to have them make me take him back, which they did call.... and when I agreed to meet with them, I was told I could not meet with them alone. Unless I agree to my husband being there AND he had to give permission for that or I could not even meet with them at all. The PO told me his wife who is a pioneer, even she could not meet with elders w/o his presense AND approval.

When I started missing meetings (after I did what they asked and took him back) not one phone call to see if I was ok? what was wrong.. After I had been absent from the hall 2 months my ex got sick. He missed about two weeks of meetings and they called and left a message on the answering machine, greeted specifically HIM, and said how sorry they were to have him missing the meetings and they were checking to see if he was ok. Now remember I had already been absent from the meetings over two months. Not one word was said toward me..

That was when I knew, that the only time I could get any personal care would be to become single again, because I was only a shadow as long as I was married. For all I know my husband told them they couldn't contact me. I know he told the sisters that when I was sick.. and they felt bound by his word..

• topanga
    topanga

The governing body teaches no one would take a woman seriously all men would just look at her sexually.

They silence outspoken women by rape sexual harrassment or the usual shunning and marking.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Hey Mr O,

Actually, men CAN theoretically breastfeed, so the differences between you and Mrs O are even fewer than you thought:)

LOL, better get crackin' Mr., you've got a lactose ceiling to break through!.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Frankly, it did not bother me until I left. At least "conciously" it didn't bother me. Hell, I was young. Now I think it's heinous. I personally have female JW relatives who have pscho problems because of it.

It's just part of the whole "orderly" paternal antiquated society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit