Got a visit from JW's on Saturday-redux

by doodle-v 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember a few times I met someone at the door that had several questions at the door and it seemed they already knew the answer and were happy with it. A few times those questions made me go home and do research for my own sake. The first one was "miracle wheat." I had never heard of it. The only mention was in an out of date WTS book. Fortunately, my mother is an old-time JW and had it in her library. I read that whole book (Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose). It made me wonder what other things the WTS was concealing in its history.

So Doodle, you don't know what seed you planted.

Blondie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    He also said he would come back with his wife who he said would be able to explain things a bit more easily then he could.

LOL. Now there is a fine, spirtually sound, well versed Christian elder.

He wants to bring his wife , who is probably much better versed in WT doctrine, goes out in FS during the week and on weekends. WHY?

SO HE CAN COWER BEHIND HER !

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Well, I'll admit when i first got to the door my heart leaped into my throat, there was so much I wanted to say!! But I calmed myself down and let him talk and go through his whole sermon which gave me a chance to gather my thoughts and think about what I wanted to say. My husband and I had some pretty thought provoking questions, but we werent rude or threatening. I smiled and joked and nodded my head when he showed me a scripture and then I would ask the question being genuinely interested in what he had to say about it. I'm not going to hold my breath for him to come back. But if he does.... boy oh boy are we in for some fun!! Thanks for the tips guys! keep em comin, im taking notes LOL!

-Doodle-V

• blondie
    blondie

As to bringing his wife back, brothers are encouraged not to make calls on women alone, and sisters are not encouraged to make calls on men alone. But I'm sure she is more able, but Doodle is even more able.

Blondie

• shotgun
    shotgun

Very nice segway into the subjects doodle -v....I bet he'lll be back with a more experienced service partner.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Well, Sister Doodle-V, I think we'll mark you with a G and look forward to your next assignment. Dunno if I could have done that without losing it, nice job!!!!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Great job. Sounds like he cut short the call. You know what the dubs teach: whenever you find yourself getting too confused by someone, then shut it down. Obviously the person is being influenced by Satan.

• Mary
    Mary
    "..well you have to understand that sometimes the media portrays these things in a negative light, and uhm you know a reporter can pretty much make a story seem a certain way without it necessesarlily being true.?

Gee, I wonder if they used this argument when it was the Catholic Church and it's priests on Dateline. Was it just the media portraying them in a negative light? Do the Witnesses have any trouble whatsoever believing that the Catholic Church has covered up a huge pedophile problem over the last 40 years? Was Dateline lying or distorting the facts on the Catholic Church? Any good Dub has absolutely no doubt that Dateline reported the abuse inside the Catholic Church with absolute accuracy. Why then, do they become "agents of Satan" while reporting on the pedophile problem within the WTB&TS??

If he has the courage to come back again (which I seriously doubt), you should ask him this and watch him run for the hills!!

Way to go!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit