Possible Economic Defeat of the Watchtower

by metatron 22 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Some of the property is valuable - however, I'm not sure about the factories, given that they were bought from companies

that wanted out from NYC to begin with ( rustbelt stuff).

A lot of the donated property is quickly sold off for cash. My main point is, that if they really were as rich as everyone thinks,

I doubt you'd be seeing these kinds of cuts in spending. Their increase is in the third world where there's lots of needs ($) -

and the money is provided by countries with deepening apathy like Germany, The US and Japan.

A number of these changes came after they got an outside accounting. Obviously, some changes were needed to bring things

into balance. As an elder told me, "with subscriptions gone, they're OK now!" Yes, I thought, until the next settlement

or drop in contributions.

We also NOW know that their volunteer labor isn't economically effective, at least in the factory. Their productivity

doesn't equal what 'worldly' printing firms can do, so outsourcing is being looked at. So, that labor is not an advantage.

It's a complex picture - but I think you can discern that something has gone wrong with their income

and continues to get worse. As more Witnesses get tired and fed-up, how many of them will leave assets

in their wills to the Society? How many are too broke to do so anyway?

metatron

• franklin J
    franklin J

LOL at Nina.

I have dealt with Donald Trump in business and I can tell you first hand that he will screw you if he thinks he can; and get away with it.

Similar to the Watchtower Society. The difference is that Donald Trump does not purport to be any more than he is. The Watchtower Society makes you believe that they are Gods prescence on earth; lies to you; controls your life; and than "dumps you" if you try to think for yourself.

I'll take Donald Trump anyday.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    the money is provided by countries with deepening apathy like Germany, The US and Japan

Now that's a good point, metatron. They have the PEOPLE in the 3rd world countries, but those bodies have no money. We have the money but are contributing less and less.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit