Strange Situation

by Descender 14 Replies latest social relationships

• Descender
    Descender

Hey all, so over the past three months I've been going to the highest mountain to the depths of hell trying to win my wife back against the better judgement of everyone that knows anything about my situation. Anyway, the other night I went to the strip club where she works as a cocktail waitress and while I was there she introduced me to a stripper that used to be a JW. She sat down with me and talked about JW lies and who we knew from old congregations and such. Anyway, she gave me her number and said she'd like to go out some time.

A few problems come to mind when I think of going out with her, 1) she's a stripper and I can't forsee having a serious relationship with someone who puts her breasts in guys faces and gives lap dances, 2) she just turned 21, 3) I haven't been with anyone other than my wife in 8 years and 4) I'm still married, although seperated, and would take my wife back in a second if she were willing to come back, although I know my wife wouldn't mind a bit if I went out with her since she's going out with other guys.

What do you all think? She is a beautiful girl and seems to be intelligent, being the fact she's going to college and we have the JW background in common. And I surely don't want to get involved with a prudish goody two shoes or a religious zealot, which there seems to be a lot of around here. Not that this would ever turn into a serious relationship, but I like to think long range, (maybe a fault) just to see if it would be worth it to even start dating someone. Oh yeah, and if I dated her, I'd be on the rebound, which I hear is bad as well.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hey we are almost the same age. lol

I think you should go out with her and have some fun. If it were me I would do it. You may hit it off and get a really good friend out of it.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

In my opinion, rebounding is good especially after ending a Long Term Relationship. It'll help you get on the track of "moving on". You're right that she's probably not relationship material, but it may be a good idea to get over your (ex)wife before jumping into another relationship. Take yourself some time, and just date. Go out and have some fun, focus on a relationship when one starts to develope. You can't develope a relationship within a few dates. In my opinion, after two months of dating is a good time to start debating whether you want a relationship with that person.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Descender. He's an oldie but goodie from the JWD Vaults.....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/17829/1.ashx

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Wow, this is tough. It sounds to me as if you are divided between your head and your heart. Your heart is with your wife, but your head thinks the relationship is over and wants to move on.

I would back off and not do anything with anyone until you get yourself in tune. I hear you as being conflicted, and quite justified, so doing anything at this time has little chance of helping you. That might be the best guide for you right now, is to look at each situation and ask yourself if this will help or harm you.

Good luck.

Chris

• franklin J
    franklin J

It sounds like you are very conscientious. Good for you. In this case, you have your wifes ( although she is estranged) blessing.

No one says you have to marry this other girl. There is nothing wrong with going out with her. What happens, will happen. IF you have some fun, great! if not, do not go out with her again.

good luck,

Frank

• Valis
    Valis

Hmmm...so the ex has no problem introducing you to one of her stripper friends. Dude, I say call the girl and ask her out. Maybe take her somewhere unlike a strip club to see what kind of person you are dealing with. And yeah it might disturb you she's a stripper, but like they say..."strippers need love too".. It is always hard leaving someone, but if common sense is telling you it aint gonna happen then IMO you would be wise to move on with your life. Have some fun and be careful!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like your wife is trying to setup a three-way!

• undercover
    undercover
    A few problems come to mind when I think of going out with her, 1) she's a stripper and I can't forsee having a serious relationship with someone who puts her breasts in guys faces and gives lap dances, 2) she just turned 21, 3) I haven't been with anyone other than my wife in 8 years and 4) I'm still married, although seperated, and would take my wife back in a second if she were willing to come back, although I know my wife wouldn't mind a bit if I went out with her since she's going out with other guys.

Let's take these one at a time:

1. "She's a stripper..." Great. That's a fantasy of most guys that I know.

2. "She just turned 21" Great. she's legal. No problem there.

3. "I haven't been with anyone other than my wife in 8 years" Great. Time to cut loose. Get out there have some fun dammit.

4. "I'm still married....wife wouldn't mind....she's going out with other guys." Great. she's stepping out, why not you. Who do you owe this monogomous attitude to?

Don't think of this as a serious relationship possibility. Look at this as a chance to hook up with a hottie for some great sex. Seriously, you may not be ready for another serious relationship, but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun until you are ready.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I think your a mess!

Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit