Is there another religion...

by kibizzle 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Left_Field
    Left_Field

The misunderstanding here is looking for another religion. That's the first wrong step. Look in your bible. All your answers are there.

It will not claim you to be anything more than a believer in Christ. That's all you need and you are saved. With his help you will find all the knowledge you need.

I was lost for many years. It was 12 yrs after I came into contact with the JWs and I was STILL confused because I never undid any of the teachings they taught because it all seemed to make sense in my head, logical, still wrong reasoning because what I learnt was out of context. This is what men and women can so easily do with words. When we leave it to the Father to teach us we find the words make "easier" sense. We don't have to leap over barrels to get our heads around stuff.

As for the trinity, don't think of it as something impossible. Think of this. You have the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit. That's all you need. The only major difference between Christendom and WTS is that we don't believe Christ is some secondary being such as the Angel Michael. That is false and proven in the scriptures. Therefore, just accepting Jesus as the Son of Man will put you in good mind. Ask him into your heart and the rest will come of it's own accord.

I know this is my second post and I am basically saying the same thing, but I have learnt that the most basic foods are all we need when we have been starved. Taking the restaurant / kitchen analogy, think of the food being served. You were being fed God's food, let's call it manna as were the chosen in the dessert with Moses. Well, you now have realised that you aren't the chosen therefore what you ate wasn't manna. It tasted as they said it would but you had no reference in order to make your own decision. You couldn't taste other restaurant foods to make a comparison - not allowed. Those who did were thought of as Eve, with eating forbidden fruit and punished. Fear rules this restaurant

God says that fear is not from Him!

This restaurant is not run by God then. So pay your bill and go home. Cook your own food and enjoy with Christ Jesus. He will show you the best eating places in town!

Left_Field

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I wonder if the Two by Two's are the ones I ran into at the little country store up the road. I was up there talking to the owners about their Church up the road, and this guy comes in and just starts talking about the Bible. He gave me the phone number of a pastor that he said could answer some of my questions. I talked to the pastor, he seemed nice enough and seemingly answered a few questions I had. He then invited me to one of their services, held in a home, for a religion that had no name. I told him that I would come, but when I told husband he said I wasn't getting into a cult again, and was none too pleased, so I just let it go by the wayside instead of causing a ruckus.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit