Embarrassing Doorstep Questions

by Vanderhoven7 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Can you add or subtract from the following list of introductory questions?  The aim of the questions I'm looking for,  is to determine the level of integrity of the Witnesses at your door.

1. If you didn't have the truth, would you want to know it?

2. Is it true that your religion had a link with the UN?

3. In your view, has your religion in the past, failed to protect children from pedophiles within your ranks?

4. Is higher education frowned on in your religion?

5. According to your religion, what is wrong with donating blood? Is it proper to benefit from immorally donated blood?

6. Before joining a religion, should a person limit themselves solely to studying the views of its' proponents?

7. Is there any honorable way out of your religion?

8. Will you believe everything that comes down from headquarters? Have you ever disagreed with some teaching handed down?

9. How would your religion advise parents to respond to a baptized family member who disagrees with some such teaching and will not be convinced otherwise? e.g. 607, or 1919

10. According to your religion, if a person belonged to a church other than yours, what would happen to him or her at Armageddon?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Number 8 is awesome!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Q.5 I would change to , Is it proper to benefit from fractions of blood that is donated by non witnesses when you don`t  donate blood that others may benefit from fractions derived from it.?

Their stock answer may be ," blood is   to be poured out on the ground" which it wasn`t done for them to receive fractions .

Aren`t they then breaking that command ?

just my 2 cents worth

smiddy

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Is it true that your religion had a link with the UN?"

I would reword that to emphasize the importance of the UN to any outsider not familiar with the JWs. My wording would be: Is it true that your religion believes that the United Nations is an evil organization yet is a (non governmental) member of it?

• freein2004
    freein2004

I would word the UN question differentl

something like:  

what are your personal thoughts about your religion being associated with the UN for at least ten years?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Q.1.When you go D2D you invite people to examine their religion / what they believe do you not ?

Are you willing to examine your religion / what you believe with me right now ?

smiddy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The UN they will definitely say no to and blood question they will probably say no and they'll just talk around in circles with most of the other questions. This I know for a fact, I like to quote certain things to them that have been posted here, like when they said in the 70's in a Kingdom Ministry that some brothers were selling their houses and such before 1975 and other things like that I read them  the direct quote and which publication it's in, but It's not like I won the conversation.  They just talk all around it.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Who exactly told you that your leadership in Brooklyn is God's "faithful slave"?
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Wow!  Thanks for the suggestions and improvements.  Exactly what I'm looking for.  My point at the door would not necessarily be to win or even counter their responses, but to see how truthful/honest they are as well as to put them on the spot - leading to attempts either to deny or justify their religion/organization.  

Here is the revised list so far.

1. If you didn't have the truth, would you want to know it? .When you go D2D you invite people to examine their religion - do you not ? Are you willing to examine your religion with me?

2. What are your personal thoughts about your religion being associated with the UN for at least ten years?

3. In your view, has your religion in the past, failed to protect children from pedophiles within your ranks?

4. Is higher education frowned on in your religion?

5. According to your religion, what is wrong with donating blood? Is it proper to benefit from immorally donated blood?

6. Before joining a religion, should a person limit themselves solely to studying the views of its' proponents?

7. Is there any honorable way out of your religion?

8. Will you believe everything that comes down from headquarters? Have you ever disagreed with some teaching handed down? How did you determine that your leadership in Brooklyn is God's "faithful slave"?

9. How would your religion advise parents to respond to a baptized family member who disagrees with some such teaching and will not be convinced otherwise? e.g. 607, or 1919

10. According to your religion, if a person belonged to a church other than yours, what would happen to him or her at Armageddon?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005
    Your religion criticizes infant baptism. How old should one be to get baptized?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit