Calling all Elders..

by Nadsam 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

When you were an Elder what sucked most....

• Conducting the School
    • Conducting the Book Study
    • Conducting the WT Study (having to listen to Sister know it all answer over and over...)
    • Giving Public Talks (trying to squeeze sense out of a one page summary of total crap)
    • Being an Attendant at Assemblies
    • Being food/cleaning/work overseer at Assemblies & quickbuilds
    • Auditing the Finances/paying in contributions at the bank
    • Taking the lead in unassigned territory service
    • Shepherding calls !!!!! OMG !!!!!
    • JC's
    • Get togethers and having to pray !
    • Praying at the KH
    • Serving the Emblems
    • Giving counsel at the school/weaklings/youth(e.g young sisters wearing mini skirts & makeup)
    • Being always positive about the "New Light" and the GB.
    • Training young MS
    • Working with the Circuit Overseer when he visited (on Saturday Afternoons)
    • Giving a "Special Needs Talk"
    • Never being able to fart, swear or loose your temper
    • Compelled to having missionary sex, not enjoy it and never discuss it..even with your wife, just incase it may be immoral
    • Never seeing any good movies
    • Having one beer a fortnight

What sucked most for you..

Nadsam

[email protected]

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Did you leave out a$$-kissing ?

• GreenDragon
    GreenDragon

Very funny ... more like arse licking

• Gadget
    Gadget

Taking the lead in unassigned territory service

Never being able to fart, swear or loose your temper

The elders in my old hall must never have heard of these ones.......... If you wanted to find one of them on a weekend night you had most chance if you looked round a few bars.

• stillajwexelder
  • Being always positive about the "New Light" and the GB.
  • Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Calling all elders?.......what?

Braggards

Control freaks

Thieves

Drunkards

Liars

etc,

etc,

Really no different from so called leaders in any organisation. Except the WTS is evil.

cheeses.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Without question it was dealing with the other elders.

I would say........Body Unity is not a religion!!!!!!

Feeling like I had to join every JC to be sure the sheep didn't get beat.

Running around a patching up the problems caused by one or two other elders

Feeling the fear of taking things too far and having priviledges removed - this would come up when I would jump on them for their stupidity.

Even though I'm inactive friends still tell me how much they liked me as an elder which I appreciate so much, but it burned me out.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Let's see:

Conducting the Theocratic Ministry School - I hated preparing for the school, reading just bits from several publications, then preparing spech counsel and then having over half the students cancel, many at the last minute, nearly each week. Also, giving speach counsel from the platform was very stressful. Covering written review material was also a pain. I thoroughly hated the school in all its aspects.

Conducting meetings for field service - I was out nearly every Saturday and most Sundays so that I could fulfill my responsibility to "take the lead". I did not enjoy service much at all. Conducting the meeting was just as bad - especially making arrangements. There was always someone either coming late, needing to be picked up, or giving you that dirty look because they didn't like the group you assigned them to. One time, we had a situation where a somewhat tempermental MS just threw up his hands and walked out, because no one liked the arrangements he made. I can see why he did that - I felt like doing the same thing on several occasions. Also, going over presentations of the magazines - hardly anyone ever prepared anything. I'd get blank looks when I'd ask for a presentation that someone might have in mind.

Elders school - The schools for elders were tremendously boring and served no purpose in my mind whatsoever. My first school started with this statement by the overseer that day: "Jehovah's organization is our mother. When she says "Jump!" we say "How high?"! I knew from that very moment that I was in hell, and that proved true.

Elders meetings - Contentious on many occasions, with time wasted on trivial matters. I experienced much stress that was attributable to such meetings, even getting chest pains on occasion.

I could list even more stuff. It was the most miserable decade in my life.

• black adder
    black adder

what I HATED THE MOST was the c/o cisits. In the elders meeting the c/o would berate us and say what useless elders we were and we had to do more and more and spend less time playing video games and then he would get on the platform and in his talk to the cong would say what fine elders we had, an example to the flock worthy of imitation. It was so embarrasing I use to hide from the brothers after the meeting.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

As the child of an elder, I can safely say that the worst part is feeling guilty over not being there for your kids. He was hardly EVER home for a significant portion of my life.

And he keeps apologizing for it. I've long since forgiven and forgotten, but I often wonder if we had been closer, what kind of man would I have become, instead of this angry, bitter, violent, sarcastic drunk.

Of course, I'm very hard on myself. My father was hard on HIMself thanks to the endless guilt tripping and sense of individual worthlessness that the Borg imposes on its helpless sheep/victims.

CZAR

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit