Ozzie's Weekend Poll #89 (Happy Easter everybody!)

by ozziepost 15 Replies latest jw friends

• boa
    boa

hi ozzie,

the fam and I went for a long walk today - doing this out in the beautiful weather makes me think about the joy it is to be living. Since leaving the org, I might add, I love life and freedom all the more which means I even love my family all the more!

Poll: I've done both sitting and standing. Of the latest yrs of my life, my tendency would be to stand respectfully and try not to sing LOL, those damn anthems are catchy!

So, when I was a sitter, 1, 2, and 13 Other - I couldn't help but think this sure was bloody disrespectful and for no gd good reason - sheesh

boa

btw, the wife, kids and I have been learning our good ol' anthem just in case we want to sing it - Oh Canada. And not the other anthem which ends in 'I AM CANADIAN' LOL. Hey we KNOW the americans are jealous of our canadian backdoor patriotism...

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    8. Wishing you were somewhere else!

I had too many emotions and things going through my head, I would say 8.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

1. Embarrassed / Ashamed

2. Nervous

3. Scared

7. Weak

8. Wishing you were somewhere else!

10. Dazed

11. Trying to remember if this was "present truth".

Blondie wrote:

I don't imagine the Canadians stay seated when the US anthem is played at a sporting event with a both a Canadian and US team, such as baseball or vice versa. Am I wrong? So how is it showing allegiance to another country? It's showing respect.

Be assured ... Canadian JWs are just as disrepectful to the US national anthem as their own, Blondie. We sat through the US song as well. There would be no allegience to any country, period. Anal retentive cult!!!

ESTEE

• beaker
    beaker

hi ozzie,

at the start of the wood chopping when they played the Oz, NZ & US national anthems last night i stood for the first time ever.

i had my kids with me who live with their mother (still jw). my 7 year old boy stood up and sang along but my 9 year old girl sat and gave me dirty looks. she is eating the easter eggs though.

first time ever i didn't feel ashamed

regards to mrs ozzie

beaker

• blondie
    blondie

Blondie wrote:
    I don't imagine the Canadians stay seated when the US anthem is played at a sporting event with a both a Canadian and US team, such as baseball or vice versa. Am I wrong? So how is it showing allegiance to another country? It's showing respect.

Be assured ... Canadian JWs are just as disrepectful to the US national anthem as their own, Blondie. We sat through the US song as well. There would be no allegience to any country, period. Anal retentive cult!!!

ESTEE

Actually I didn't word that right. What I mean do non-JW Canadians stand for the US anthem at Canadian/US sporting events?

If so, then it illustrates that standing for the anthem is not viewed as showing allegiance to another country but merely respect. JWs teach that their allegiance belongs to the kingdom so they don't stand for the anthem. Actually, it is not showing allegiance merely respect.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well done, beaker!! Glad you had a good time there! Were you sitting to the right of the hill where the stockhorses were running? That was a great place to have the kids.

Standing for the anthem was no big deal, was it? Now I guess you can't see what all the fuss was about.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit