Who Removed God's Name from the Bible?

by Tower Man 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi Everyone,

I have a new article on my site called, Who Removed God's Name from the Bible? If you'd like to check it out it's at http://www.towertotruth.net/Articles/who_removed_jehovah.htm Of course, it's about the Watchtower's erroneous and far reaching claim that men removed Jehovah from the Bible.

Hope you like it.

Take care,

Tower Man

• English Patient
    English Patient

I am a big fan of your site Towerman,

thankyou for your hard work and long may it continue.

It has really helped me.

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Thanks English! Glad I can be of help to you!

T Man

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Very interesting website. Thanks for the ammunition I can use against my JW friend. (hehe)

• pc
    pc

Towerman, I thank you also and I'm sending you a pm. PC

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

very good - I will print this and give it out to some of my family who are still JW's

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Very good points, especially since we can show that Jehovah's name (YHWH) was preserved over the thousand years of Old Testament transmission. So it is correct to ask why He did not preserve it in the NT, if it was ever there in the first place?

But even in the OT the correct pronunciation of YHWH is unknown. And maybe people didn't know how to pronounce it in Jesus' day either. That may be why Jesus never used it. Jesus used substitute words like Father, and the Power.

There are many times in the context of a verse or passage in the New World Translation where it is plain that Jesus is being spoken about, and the sudden appearance of "Jehovah" is distracting. For example, in Stephen's prayer at Acts 7:59, 60, Stephen begins by praying to the Lord Jesus, then suddenly the NWT changes over to "Jehovah." That makes no sense. The Greek text has "Lord" in both places, which does make sense.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thanks, Tower Man, that's just what I needed - this is the subject my son tried to use with me when he came home from the last Special Assembly Day. Poor thing - he continues to be indoctrinated. I have printed out your article and left it on the printer we both use. Hopefully he will read it.

Good work!

• azaria
    azaria

Thanks so much for the info. I printed that and the article "Is the New World Translation Accurate?" Today I gave my mother a large print KJV. She did accept it. I just hope she reads it & maybe someday realize that it is very different from the NWT.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I tell you what, if life was like the movie Life Of Brian where you could get stoned for saying Jehovah, I wouldn't have wrote it in the bible either.Wouldn't want to get my ass stoned, by rocks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit