Biblical Theology or Atheism the only two choices?

by Hyghlandyr 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Thanks so much for sharing your reflections, Hylandyr!

My belief system is pretty similar to yours, only I couldn't put it into words as you have.I've been struggling because of it, as I've felt a need to be a part of a religious community, yet can't "choose a path," as I can see valid points for them all-including atheism. I have been drawn to Paganism my entire life, yet was raised in the protestant Christian tradition with a little Zen thrown in for good measure (talk about your contradictions, lol). I'm drawn to Jesus' teachings, put off by Christian doctrine, but like some of the ceremony and music because it just feels comfortable to me due to being raised in the faith.I am very drawn to Celtic Paganism, and have found out that I have been intuitively living large aspects of the Celtic path for most of my life. But I find Jung's archetype theory intriguing,and the new theories being espoused by physicists that we create our own reality. Some days, I don't care if I'm worshipping a Deity or an archetype, other days, the scientist in me doesn't want to bother unless I have absolute proof. I feel like a damned chameleon sometimes, lol.

I loved your comment that ritual, belief, and poetry all meld. When I was JW, I was counseled not to go forth with my plans to be an artist and writer.Little did I know how much my art and writing were a part of my spirituality! When I stopped writing and creating art and started trying to please the JW community and my own "inculcated" conscience, I started to die myself, piece by piece, like a sacrificial god.

A Fellow Supplicant at the Shrine of the Goddess Angelina;)

Cicatrix

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Cicatrix

You might find a couple places interesting then. One is the Universal Life Church. They will ordain anyone and the ordinations are legally valid. Also I have found the Unitarian Universalists interesting. Both have a Judeo-Christian history, but are very liberal. Universal life accepts any doctrine and does not require leaving membership in ANY organization. UU might, depending on the control placed by that organization. While JWs would want me to leave, ULC would let me be JW and ULC if I wanted. Or pagan, atheist and so forth. It is also validating to be ordained, knowing that you are running your own personal church, congregation, grove, coven, or whatever you want to call your associations.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

AGNOSTICISM is also a choice, despite some snide remarks by some people -- also one can be Christian and be a healthy sceptic like some on this board -- there are many choices not just Biblical Theology or Atheism

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Stillajwexelder,

Yes both christianity, skeptical or allegorical, and agnosticism are choices. Each individual must choose for himself for the choice to be valid and numerous christians do choose christianity for themselves. It is as valid as any other choice. In addition there are many liberal versions of christianity that do not teach thatonly christians are saved...

Goddess Bless (Thyself)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit