Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-11-04 WT Study (1st one on FDS)

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lurk
    lurk

nice one blondie

Arians,quartodecimans,Paulicans,Waldenses,reformation,plus the bloke who got the bible translated and died for it (cant remeber his name whycliff? ) ..there works were not supported???

so the unsupported chrisitians gave us proper memorial dates , cross, no clergy, a translated bible,reject trinity,a bible we can all read.reject false holidays,saints ,etc etc

and the faithfull slave of WTS which is supported gave us ? whats new that they gave us ??

like you pointed out blondie....pagan beliefs such as pyramids and god living on planets already very much central to pagan beliefs mixed in with false dates ....ell thats the clincher there can be no doubt.im of to get baptised.

excellant article thansk very much

Rocketman

As to the link provided, one thing I have wondered about was touched on there as well - how can it really be said that the anointed make up the FDS when in fact very few of them, since 1914, have actually been involved in dispensing the "food"? The vast majority of the anointed since then have had nothing to do with "feeding" God's household.
    pyramid selling scheme the more you sell the further up the ladder you go till you own a white crusier and a house in the bahamas
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Thus throughout the centuries there have been professed Christians who rejected the error of the trinity, usually called "Arians." There were those who closely followed primitive Christianity and who were known as quartodecimans because of celebrating Christ?s memorial on Nisan 14, holding out against the paganizing trend of Rome. Then there were the Paulicans from the seventh century onward, whose teachings have been termed "genuine apostolic Bible-Christianity." They stood solely by the "New Testament," practiced adult baptism, , believed that God in his love had sent an angel to earth who at his baptism became God?s Son. They rejected unscriptural tradition, had no clergy-laity distinction, refused to revere the cross.

But did the Paulicans also believe in the Trinity or were they Arians? Did they believe in hell? Did they believe in the immortality of the soul? Same thing with the Quartodecimans. You get to be part of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" class if you have one so-called true doctrine that makes you a heretic in your day, though you might also hold on to other equally "false doctrines"?

I would like to see some research on what the Paulicans believed or the Quartodecimans. If there has been a continuous existence of the F&DS as the WT says there has been, why is there an apparent discontinuity in the actual beliefs held by these groups? The WT is just lumping disparite groups together to make it always seem there has been one group of people always in existence, tho it has never been independently shown they have anything to do with each other. Sounds a lot like begging the question to me...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just a few websites of folks who've done a little of such background work:

Paulican
    Seems that they held to the Ten Commandments and had some ideas about the afterlife.
    http://www.theseventhtrumpet.com/key/mysteries/wih7.php
    http://www.british-israel.ca/Church%20of%20God4.htm

QuartodecimansThe only thing they are attacked for is their beliefs about when the Lord's Supper" should be celebrated. It's probably safe to assume that they held other beliefs in common with the "church" in the mid-second century.http://www.osvpublishing.com/catholicalmanac/churchhistorya.asp
    http://www.british-israel.ca/Church%20of%20God4.htm

(Just to add that I only highlight these sites because of the information that may be found there on this topic. Some of their views are... interesting)

• blondie
    blondie

Yikes is right, Pistoff.

We believe nothing of what Russel did, and Rutherford; but they knew enough to merit being selected by Jah??

Lurk,

and the faithfull slave of WTS which is supported gave us ? whats new that they gave us ??

As Solomon said, "there is nothing new under the sun," and that was 3,000 years ago.

Leiolia

Seeing this is a WTS statement, it would be unlikely to see the following:

I would like to see some research on what the Paulicans believed or the Quartodecimans.

Lacking time to do that in my review, if anyone wishes to do that and share it in another post, great.

Thanks, LT for some sites to research.

BTW, in my area many JWs felt that groups like the Lollards and Waldenses were of the anointed.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit