Mr. T, Stephen King, and the WTS

by Dan-O 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

On another thread wherein Mt. T saves Los Angeles from the WTS, the following comment was made:

and for our next attraction, 'Escape from the Watchtower'

Which reminds me ... anyone else get the heebie jeebies when reading books from Stephen King's The Dark Tower series? I always think about the WTS when I've read those books, even though I've been away from more than 20 years.

• waiting
    waiting

I've read all of them recently - great series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been out of the WTBTS for about 5 yrs now. They were never that powerful. In the followers minds, perhaps........but "old long, tall and ugly" wouldn't have been in a cult.

No way!

Looking forward to the next installment - what kind of baby is Savannah going to have, eh? eh?

waiting

• talesin
    talesin

That's interesting Dan-O. I'm a big King fan myself, it's been a while since I read the series ... in what ways were you reminded of WTS? I have long wondered if King has a hate-on for JW, btw.

talesin

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

It's the whole thing with the tower at the center of all worlds.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

The way she was 'sleepwalking' on Wolves of the Calla ... I think her baby is going to cause them all a lot of trouble.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Hey, I just started Wolves of the Calla.....don't spoil it for me please!

Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

You'll enjoy it, TR. I sure liked it better than Wizard & Glass.

I still miss Blaine the Mono, though.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Stephen King lives about 1 mile from my home here in Bangor Maine USA.

Sometimes we see him out and about.[ he's a regular guy ]

"Make it in Maine" Undaunted Danny

• Valis
    Valis

Hey Undaunted...my roomie owns Potato Island by Vinal Haven..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• talesin
    talesin

Hey Undaunted Danny,

Didja ever go see him play w/ the band?

Also, how's good ole' Stacey and his Country Jamboree??? I see you're close to my age. Remember when they had the TV show on Friday nights?

Jenny, the old gal, she was a sweetie "on the wings of a Snow .... White .... Dove

See these hands? hahaha

Dan-O

yes, I noted the Tower thing as well. Time to go back a re-read so I can fully enjoy the latest book (I confess, haven't read it yet !)

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit