by wannaexit 25 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

What is the story behind this video?

Where was it done and for what reason? 

Anyone know?

• erbie
    erbie

Absolutely agree with what you are all saying.

Slowly, bit by bit, they are becoming the very thing that they have been ranting against for over one hundred years.

I always said it would happen and it has because the Watchtower religion itself is a reactionary movement and as such will lose momentum as the gap between itself and it's nemisis (mainstream Christianity) narrows.

Some things are just so predictable 😄 

Big smiley face!

• sir82
    sir82

Is it my fancy or are the latest new songs a lot more funky and upbeat than the others ?

Huh?

To me, JW "Kingdom Maladies" all sound like funeral dirges for clinically depressed pessimists.

Then, add in lyrics like this:

Here with us are aged ones,
    Those whose youth has passed.
    Here among us they endure;
    Still they’re holding fast.
    Loss of strength besets them all;
    Loss of mates for some.

Or this:

Gone are the days of my youth;
    Days of calamity now are here.

.Or this:

By making the room for their unwedded state,
    At times they are lonely, we know

....and it's a wonder that JW old-timers and spinsters aren't hurling themselves off the roof.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder
    ...and it's a wonder that JW old-timers and spinsters aren't hurling themselves off the roof. - sir82

That made me laugh ....so freaking true. 

They act like they are being understanding when they are really throwing salt in the wound with those lyrics.

Keep 'em bare foot and pregnant!!!! That's the Watchtower Way!!!

-TE

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

When I was a little kid in the '50s there was  a choir that sang between sessions at the DCs. I really enjoyed seeing and hearing their performances and looked forward to the day I would be old enough to join.

Well, just my luck the choir thing was scrapped. Next on the chopping block was the orchestra then eventually the piano players. The Watchtower has changed its mind on live music almost as much as it has on doctrines.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    So I guess royal blue, the color of their website logo, is the new JW brand color. Notice all the ties, hankies, and whatever you call those things on the women's shoulders.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

This music is divinely beautiful, although it is a secular piece: "I'll Begin Again," from SCROOGE.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MormonTabChoir

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They just need to jazz it up a little more and set more budget for costumes. And the Tony goes to Watchtower!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcXBHqZVrRw

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Billy: how appropriate. LOL
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In order to appeal to the youthz in the congregation, WT will be releasing some new songs, here sampled by a collection of brothers and sisters... in good standing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItMJtA8vfpw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit