1976 baby boom!!!

by AuSet 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AuSet
    AuSet

How many of you were part of the post '75 baby boom??? I was born in '77, my sis in '78. Did everyone suddenly think "oh, its o.k. to have babies now I guess armagedon didn't come after all!!"

• AuSet
    AuSet

Oh my goodness! I owe my life to the whole '75 debacle!

huh.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I was one of the very rare pre-1975 babies... born in 1972 when most everyone was holding off having children in anticipation of having children in paradise.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I was born in 75 does that count?

I guess it doesnt since my mom was not and never will be in da troof.

• dottie
    dottie

I was born in Sept of '75...I guess my mom and dad were thinking that things were going to happen right at midnight on Jan 1, 1975

• Mulan
    Mulan

Definitely! We wanted another baby when Princess was little, but since she was born in 1969, I was hesitant to risk it. About 1977, I decided to have another and we did. He was born in 1979.

Some friends of ours got pregnant in 1975 by mistake, and were devastated. I still can see her crying that she wouldn't live to see this baby, and how awful it was going to be. He is almost 30 now, and a father himself. What horrible persecution that was from our "own" people.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I had a baby in 72 and the second in 76

First wasn't supposed to ever go to school. The second wasn't supposed to happen

But I sure am glad they are both here. They are wonderful young women and free of the borg

• Mulan
    Mulan

My first was born in '63. He wasn't supposed to go to school either. People kept telling me that.

His first brother was born in '66 and he has a daughter graduating from High School in June. We should have been able to figure it out.

• Descender
    Descender

I was born when all the rest of the smart people on earth were born, September 1975.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I was born July 75. I was my mom's second pregnancy, first live-born. In Februrary 73 she lost her first child. There were 2 more pregnancies after me, but only my brother survived--born in 1980.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit