New to the forum

by zigthink 23 Replies latest jw friends

• zigthink
    zigthink

just a little trial post to see if anyone notices me. greetings to all. Looks like a fun place

• Gadget
    Gadget

We noticed! Welcome to the board.

• zigthink
    zigthink

Glad to make your acquaintance Gadget. So. how many people hang out here? Looks fairly busy. Any active Jehovahs witnesses residing here?

• zigthink
    zigthink

Any Melbournians here? Melbourne Australia that is.

• Corvin
    Corvin

(((zigthink!))) Welcome! Make yourself at home. Can I get you a cup of coffee?

Corvin

• zigthink
    zigthink

Very civilized of you Korvin. Many thanks. Are you an "apostate" in the sense that you are now "opposed to the truth" ? If so Korvin, what turned you against it? Anything specific? With me it was purely doctrinal disagreement.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Well, ziggy, I was raised in the organization. I simply learned some things that JW's are not privy to. We are not allowed to question or refute doctrines or teachings put forth from the WTBTS. We do not hear about the false teachings, scandals, serious mistakes (they will never admit to that have destroyed lives) My discovery of some truths came about while I was innocently researching some topics completely or seemingly unrelated to the organization. But there were connections one might never consider to be consequential that lead me to begin fearlessly questioning my beliefs . . . and therefore the doctrines of the Governing Body. In the spirit of truth, God's Word and a good conscience, it was unavoidable.

I am opposed to the WTBTS's hypocricy, their blatant cover ups and lack humility before Jehovah and Christ Jesus. I am troubled by their errors that remain uncorrected. I am not opposed to Bible, Jehovah, Jesus, Christianity or the truth. But slapping crap onto a twig and calling it a Snickers Bar is not being truthful. I could not longer feed that stuff to myself or my precious children who have suffered because of such hypocricy.

Corvin

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

Welcome to a nice place! Hope you have fun,

Scots Lass

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hello ziggy! I had a car name ziggy. It was a fast car.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

owyergoin zigthink!

What a name!!! What's it's origin?

BTW were you ever in Sydney?

Looking forward to 'hearing' more from you!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit